Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atlantean

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
This for me is one of the biggest disadvantages of jailbreaking an iPhone, the fact that the SKY GO app in it's normal form will not work!

xCon use to do a good job at getting around the problem but that no longer seem to work!

Has anyone managed to get the SKY GO app working on a Jailbroken iPhone running iOS 6?

zuluten

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Sky Go on iPad 3 IOS 6.1

I have successfully installed Version 2.3 Sky GO (old patched on from Installous) on my iPad 3; my iPad is jail broken with Evasi0n.

All Sky Go apps must be deleted and device rebooted before proceeding

Install the repo http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo and download 'old sky go patch' from the packages list. This will install Xcon, Installous 5, Hackulo Resources etc.

Once this is is done, open Installous and download Sky Go to your springboard. When i logged in to Sky Go i used to get unable to stream error: 9 but when i went in to Cydia and removed the download Xcon 38 - beta 2 and installed Xcon 32 from the iHacks repo it worked.

Have a go

Last edited:

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
1.Installous is piracy its against forum rules to discuss it 2.Installous is dead anyway

Wow get off your high horse there cowboy, installous as you said no longer provides a way of downloading cracked apps, BUT, it can still be used to install ipa files, nothing piracy in that. I had to install an ipa file yesterday, an older version of a free app, am I a pirate? There is still a need for a program to install ipa files, the piracy part is in downloading and installing cracked apps.

Neil.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Wow get off your high horse there cowboy, installous as you said no longer provides a way of downloading cracked apps, BUT, it can still be used to install ipa files, nothing piracy in that. I had to install an ipa file yesterday, an older version of a free app, am I a pirate? There is still a need for a program to install ipa files, the piracy part is in downloading and installing cracked apps.

Neil.

I say that only so your thread doesn't get deleted yeehaw :rolleyes:

Atlantean

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Well, I am not looking to get involved in piracy of any sort! I pay over €100 a month to SKY for my TV package and all I want to do is to be able to use their "free" app on my iPhone 4S!

The fact that I have jailbroken my iphone means that even though I legally subscribe to their service and reside within their broadcasting boundary I can not receive their service on my phone!

adammacleod

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
I have successfully installed Version 2.3 Sky GO (old patched on from Installous) on my iPad 3; my iPad is jail broken with Evasi0n.

Install the repo http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo and download 'old sky go patch' from the packages list. This will install Xcon, Installous 5, Hackulo Resources etc.

Once this is is done, open Installous and download Sky Go to your springboard. When i logged in to Sky Go i used to get unable to stream error: 9 but when i went in to Cydia and removed the download Xcon 38 - beta 2 and installed Xcon 32 from the iHacks repo it worked.

Have a go

How did you manage to remove xcon 38 beta 2 without it deleting Sky Go? If I try and delete it, it says it will remove both

Atlantean

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
It was all deleted when I upgraded to 6.1.1 last week. Having said that — it was not working before I upgraded when I was on 5.1.1

I am not sure when it stopped working though. I only noticed about 3 weeks ago that even though I was using the patched app it no longer worked on my phone!

zuluten

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
How did you manage to remove xcon 38 beta 2 without it deleting Sky Go? If I try and delete it, it says it will remove both

It said it would remove both but sky go remained on springboard and then I installed xcon 32.

Definitely worked for without any problems

leonlink

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Tried in ipad 4

Hello, I tried the method from the repo of n00neimportant. Well there is a problem: when I try to login in sky go it says wrong username and password because they are case sensitive. But I just used that on the updated version of sky go and it worked. What can I do?

leonlink

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
When you say the "updated" version of SKY GO which one did you use?

I'm trying to login from the patched version and it returns the error that I said before. But if I download the original sky go app from App Store right now, I can login with the user and pass that I have...
Are you able to login with patched version?

Last edited:

mainmanhen

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2013
Sky go / xcon

THANKS A LOT YOU ARE BRILLIANT - THIS WORKED ONE TIME - I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS SOLUTION FOR OVER 5 MONTHS - I APPRECIATE - I ONLY REGISTERED SO I COULD SAY THANKS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.