Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

Sad news. Especially with such young children left behind.

I'm also already annoyed that half of the headlines have called her "Roger Clemens' former mistress".....like, really?

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
At the risk of sounding callous, I can't say I'm surprised by the news. Her life seemed to have been nothing but turmoil recently. Hopefully she can rest in peace now.

inb4 "this wouldn't have happened with tougher gun laws"

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
The death of anyone by intentional self-inflicted gunshot strikes me as a terrible tragedy. But I hope I don't come across as sexist or patronizing when I say that this story made me particularly sad.

Mindy McCready was a beautiful, talented, and genuinely decent person who fell foul of an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Whatever personal failings she might have had, and God only knows we all have failings, she didn't deserve to end up dead.

Without going into too many personal details I think I understand some of the despair and hopelessness she went through in her last days. And I would ask anyone reading this to think about the people that you know. And that if there is someone who is facing difficult times - be they legal, financial, family, health, or whatever - that you reach out to them. Let that person know how much you love them, how important they are to you, and that - no matter what - you will stand by them. I can think of no more decent act that one can do for another human being than to comfort them in their hour of greatest need.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Very selfish decision. How anyone can do this to their own family is beyond me.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

All suicides are tragic but it is always a special tragedy when a young mother dies by her own hand, and here, the tragedy is amplified as the world has been robbed of a true and special talent.

The death of anyone by intentional self-inflicted gunshot strikes me as a terrible tragedy. But I hope I don't come across as sexist or patronizing when I say that this story made me particularly sad.

Mindy McCready was a beautiful, talented, and genuinely decent person who fell foul of an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Whatever personal failings she might have had, and God only knows we all have failings, she didn't deserve to end up dead.

Without going into too many personal details I think I understand some of the despair and hopelessness she went through in her last days. And I would ask anyone reading this to think about the people that you know. And that if there is someone who is facing difficult times - be they legal, financial, family, health, or whatever - that you reach out to them. Let that person know how much you love them, how important they are to you, and that - no matter what - you will stand by them. I can think of no more decent act that one can do for another human being than to comfort them in their hour of greatest need.

Excellent, sensitive and thoughtful post. Well said.

Very selfish decision. How anyone can do this to their own family is beyond me.

"Anyone" can "do this" to themselves and their immediate family in situations where their despair and pain far exceed their capacity to cope with whatever circumstances of their life which are causing such pain and despair.

As an aside, this post strikes me as somehow lacking in tact, understanding, empathy......

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes. Have to say that I agree with you......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.