Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Performace and longevity

• 27" i7 1TB Fusion 675MX

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Retina 15 Macbook pro 2.6Ghz 16GB Ram

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Then I'd go for the iMac, but that's me.

You have to choose what's important for you.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Then I'd go for the iMac, but that's me.

You have to choose what's important for you.

i know technology advances, but i want machine that wont be outdated, compare the Retina Macbook with Regular Macbook Pro. Big difference.
if i want the iMac, im afraid an ever better model will release. Like retina display. im not that worried about processor because it know the ivy bridge wont always be the best. so a spec bump is okay, i wont want a re-design either.
i feel like the rMBP will be old soon, with another version coming up, maybe its going to have a re-design soon.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
No matter what, there is always something coming soon that will replace it. That doesn't mean what you buy now will be slower or stop working entirely. Waiting for the next best thing will keep you always waiting.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
No matter what, there is always something coming soon that will replace it. That doesn't mean what you buy now will be slower or stop working entirely. Waiting for the next best thing will keep you always waiting.

correct, but im talking about a Major change for example from iMac 2009-2011 was fine just a spec bumps. but im afraid a major design change like retina display

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
With portability not an issue, I would with the iMac. My wife has a 21" iMac and there are times I want the display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.