Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Apple is loosing their touch. First we get a horribly designed iphone 5 ( a step down in looks from the 4s) now we are going to get a larger iPad Mini!!!!???

I want the iPad 5 to look just like the iPad 3/4 but with updated internals. It's already perfect, why make it thinner and lighter? The iPhone 5 feels too light and cheap. I don't want that feeling in the iPad 5!!

Jesus Christ!!!!

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Apple is loosing their touch. First we get a horribly designed iphone 5 ( a step down in looks from the 4s) now we are going to get a larger iPad Mini!!!!???

I want the iPad 5 to look just like the iPad 3/4 but with updated internals. It's already perfect, why make it thinner and lighter? The iPhone 5 feels too light and cheap. I don't want that feeling in the iPad 5!!

Jesus Christ!!!!

Im with you about the Iphone 5 is a step down in looks comparing to 4/4s, materials too.

If ipad 5 use ipad mini materials and scuff easy, i might not upgrade.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011

Jesus Christ!!!!

Jesus, if you don't like it then don't buy it. No need to come on here crying like a baby.

sonicpace

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Canada
I don't think the iPhone 5 is a step down, although I also prefer the design of the iPhone 4/4S, the new design has several benefits being that it weighs less and is also slimmer. The trade-off is that it shows wear. Scratches, scuffs, and dents will show much more easily, making it look "used" in a far shorter amount of time, when compared to it's predecessor.

If Apple applied a better anodized coating to the aluminium this would be less of an issue, but maybe the iPhone 5S will improve this shortcoming.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Jesus, if you don't like it then don't buy it. No need to come on here crying like a baby.

Because some of us want the latest specs, just not a mini design. They need to keep the current design and update the internals.

If they don't, then those of us who want to upgrade are forced on the new design.

As of lately, Apple's new designs are not innovating and the ip5 was a huge step down from the 4s. Just wish the 4S had LTE.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
I haven't decided how I feel about this. On one hand, I really love the idea of a thin, lighter bezel because my iPad does feel a little huge to carry around. On the other hand, I like that my iPad feels very sturdy. The iPad 4 is plenty enough. We don't need a 5 just yet and we should get a more 'metallic' surrounding on the bezel, akin to the iPhone 4S.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I don't think Apples lost their touch.

It just that they appear to be adrift in a sea of uncertainty. We've seen what they're capable of, but it's been too long since they've done their best work.

It seems they've been blind sided by Samsung and are rather stunned.

It's time for them to get up and get with the program. They can do it, if they regain their confidence.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Tim Cook does not care about your pain he might say if you don't like iPhone 5 and future iPad 5, you don't need to buy either one. :apple:

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER

Jesus Christ!!!!

Nah mate, you're wrong! Thinner, lighter and a better design is the ipad mini. Go try one out in the shops. they look great and feel great.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
First we get a horribly designed iphone 5 ( a step down in looks from the 4s)

I don't understand how anyone could feel this way. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but each iPhone model has been more refined and more beautiful than the last. The anodized aluminum on the 5 looks so sleek, especially on the grey/black model.

When I hold a 4 or 4S now it feels heavy and thick and it just doesn't look as good. Not that it wasn't a beautiful phone in its time, but Jonny Ive just keeps topping himself imo.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I really like the iPhone 5. And I'm looking forward to replacing my iPad 3 with the next version. It will be thinner and lighter and faster with a better display and equal or better battery. Anything else they do to it will be gravy.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
I think I'll look forward to a lighter iPad. One of the reasons why I switched to the mini was it was very comfortable to hold after a long period of time. It's also easier to smuggle to work in my lunch box :)

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Couldn't disagree more, I love the design of the iPhone 5 and even more I think the design of the mini is one of the the most beautiful devices I've seen, and the best thing is how it feels to hold and use. Both feel so solid and you know you're holding a device of high quality, and I love that, I own both, use both and neither are scratched or scuffed. I think they're both gorgeous devices.

If the iPad 5 gets "the mini treatment" I think it'll be a great thing and I think based on how mini owners feel about their devices and what a hit it's been, the iPad 5 will be a big hit. Can't wait to see.

SeanR1

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
Pennsylvania
Tim Cook does not care about your pain he might say if you don't like iPhone 5 and future iPad 5, you don't need to buy either one. :apple:

At some point he will care when enough people feel "pain." Market share will keep dropping and eventually profits will follow. They have enough cash and "popularity" right now to not care, but I think reality will start hitting eventually.

The "go buy something else" will change to "please don't buy something else" eventually.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

Jesus Christ!!!!

Stopped reading at "loosing"! Get over it! The current design is dated, the iPhone 5 design is fantastic as is the Mini. Jesus Christ won't help you, but a dictionary might...

----------

Couldn't disagree more, I love the design of the iPhone 5 and even more I think the design of the mini is one of the the most beautiful devices I've seen, and the best thing is how it feels to hold and use. Both feel so solid and you know you're holding a device of high quality, and I love that, I own both, use both and neither are scratched or scuffed. I think they're both gorgeous devices.

If the iPad 5 gets "the mini treatment" I think it'll be a great thing and I think based on how mini owners feel about their devices and what a hit it's been, the iPad 5 will be a big hit. Can't wait to see.

Ditto

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
If The Ipad 5 resembles the ipad mini at all, I will have a dellimma on to which one to buy. I got rid of my ipad 3 for my mini.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Just stick with the iPad 4 and stop whining. Man, I can't believe the sense of entitlement. If you don't like it, don't buy it!! Go get a Xoom or something.

31338514.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.