Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I'm in search of an attractive small case to carry all my essential MBP accessories when I travel... Such as the power adapter, my world Plugbug, Magic Mouse, Ethernet dongle and VGA dongle.

Ideally I'd like something in black leather about the size of a paperback book or a tad larger (maybe something designed for a 7" tablet)?

Any suggestions?

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Absolutely not what you're looking for, but I'm going to post this anyway because I've found it keeps my messenger bag extremely tidy. It also prevents your accessories from moving and rattling around. I definitely identify with having a ton of adapters/cables/accessories to carry around, though.

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Absolutely not what you're looking for, but I'm going to post this anyway because I've found it keeps my messenger bag extremely tidy. It also prevents your accessories from moving and rattling around. I definitely identify with having a ton of adapters/cables/accessories to carry around, though.

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php

That's a great design for securing odd items... But they forgot to make it a case :p

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Hehe yeah, it doesn't work if you don't have a bag to begin with. Oh well...

I took a cursory glance over at etsy.com and didn't really see anything specific for computer accessory bags, but I'm sure there's a nice vintage piece in there somewhere.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
may i ask why does it matter if its a attractive or not?

just buy any leather bag (purpose for leather, lasts long, easy to clean) and throw your junk in there. no one is going to notices or gives u an award for having "an attractive bag".

cmon man functionality over appearance. especially a bag...who cares.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
may i ask why does it matter if its a attractive or not?

just buy any leather bag (purpose for leather, lasts long, easy to clean) and throw your junk in there. no one is going to notices or gives u an award for having "an attractive bag".

cmon man functionality over appearance. especially a bag...who cares.

Yeah, you're right, I should just get a plastic grocery bag for my charger and stuff... and one for my MacBook Pro while I'm at it (although I might need to double-bag it for extra protection!). :cool:

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, you're right, I should just get a plastic grocery bag for my charger and stuff... and one for my MacBook Pro while I'm at it (although I might need to double-bag it for extra protection!). :cool:

sorry, you're way off base. i didn't "bag" on "why should you use a leather bag vs other type"

i bagged on the fact that you would only buy an 'ATTRACTIVE" leather bag.

that's what "LOL" me the most.

GFWD

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
I am with VirtualRain on this one. If I am in a meeting or at an event where I am trying to get clients for my business I want to set the right impression when I pull my laptop out, and the clothing and equipment that matches the environment can be important.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I am with VirtualRain on this one. If I am in a meeting or at an event where I am trying to get clients for my business I want to set the right impression when I pull my laptop out, and the clothing and equipment that matches the environment can be important.

Thanks... agreed... but at this point, I'd take an ugly looking leather case ;) It seems they simply don't exist. All the ones I can find are nylon fabric. Ideally I'd get the guy at Picaso Lab to make me a custom one to match my rMBP cover I have on order, but sadly, he's not doing custom jobs at the moment.

If anyone has seen anything remotely in the ball-park, please share. Otherwise feel free to debate the merits of having nice stuff. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.