Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikums1112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2010
NY
Hi was wondering if someone can help me out. Currently I have iTunes on my Mac Laptop which I transfered to my iPhone. I have a pc and want to transfer all my songs from my iPhone onto iTunes on my pc, is that possible?

Thanks in advanced

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Hi was wondering if someone can help me out. Currently I have iTunes on my Mac Laptop which I transfered to my iPhone. I have a pc and want to transfer all my songs from my iPhone onto iTunes on my pc, is that possible?

Thanks in advanced

Open iTunes on the pc. Plug iphone in. Click on your device in the column on the left. Check 'back up to this computer'. Enjoy.

Next click on icloud and sync you backups there.

Lastly, you can always transfer your songs to a cloud service like sugarsync, dropbox or gdrive, assuming you have less than 5gb of songs. Then you can access your songs anywhere, on any device, at any time.

bshocks316

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Open iTunes on the pc. Plug iphone in. Click on your device in the column on the left. Check 'back up to this computer'. Enjoy.

Next click on icloud and sync you backups there.

Lastly, you can always transfer your songs to a cloud service like sugarsync, dropbox or gdrive, assuming you have less than 5gb of songs. Then you can access your songs anywhere, on any device, at any time.

Once I have downloaded it to the computer "back up to this computer" how to I access the songs I download. I open it through my computer and it just gives me a page saying do not delete or edit these files bec they may be important to HP backup. So even though theyre backed up where are they located. Thanks

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
anything thats free?

Hook up the 2 computers with ethernet (or use a USB hard drive) and transfer the files from one computer to the other. (Using a Google search to make sure you get them put in the right folders for iTunes to find.)

I'm not sure why everyone always rushes to suggest clumsy iPhone-transfer solutions. Seems needlessly complicated to me.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Hook up the 2 computers with ethernet (or use a USB hard drive) and transfer the files from one computer to the other. (Using a Google search to make sure you get them put in the right folders for iTunes to find.)

I'm not sure why everyone always rushes to suggest clumsy iPhone-transfer solutions. Seems needlessly complicated to me.

Yup, people want NFC in their phones but have no idea what an external hard drive or files path are.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Can't you just go to your iTunes library folder in your Mac and copy all your music to an external HD, then move them to your pc? I was able to do this when I had a pc and I took all my mp3's from the iTunes folder and put them on my mac and imported them all into iTunes.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Seems needlessly complicated to me, if you have music on your PC just dump it on an external drive and transfer it over, using the phone as the bridge is overthinking the process.

CSMchris376

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Illinois
Home Sharing

If both computers are on the same network, then activate home sharing in iTunes and you can copy music over from one to the other. That is what we do here at home.

bethgadb

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
I was able to do this when I had a pc and I took all my mp3's from the iTunes folder and put them on my mac and imported them all into iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.