Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
lol dude, LivePapers? Really? That's sucking your battery out from the house itself.

Yes they do if you sit and look at them for long periods of time, but what is different about iOS than android is they stop when you turn the screen off and when you open an app.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Tomorrow, I am going to uninstall Zephyr to see what that does. The only other tweaks I have are switchy, and tetherme. I don't think it is tetherme as that shouldn't be active until I turn it on. Zephyr seems like it has to run all the time, so that is a possibility.

I'm in the same spot as you. Could you let us know how your battery life was without Zephyr. Also is your version pirated or paid for(not judging lol).

I've had it uninstalled for a couple days and am not seeing a difference.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
If you can get by without the eye candy (especially live wallpapers), chances are you'll get better battery life. I only have the following installed on my iPhone 6 running 6.1.2, and my battery has no real impact over the stock non-jailbroken state:

AdBlocker
AdBlockerNetworks
CleverPin
DietBulletin
Dimmer
FullForce
iFile
MapsOpener
MuteIcon
MxTube
NCRam
NCSettings
Nitrous
Not-So-Smart
NowNow
PandoraSkips
PasswordPilot Pro
ProTube 2
RespringCacheFix
SpringFlash
Springtomize 2
SwipeShiftCaret
SwitcherCleaner
UnrestrictPremium
VolumeStep
WiFi Analyzer
xCon
YFiSelect 5.0+

I have noticed Springtomize 2 takes up a lot of battery, so i uninstalled that.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I'm in the same spot as you. Could you let us know how your battery life was without Zephyr. Also is your version pirated or paid for(not judging lol).

I've had it uninstalled for a couple days and am not seeing a difference.

No, it isn't pirated. There is a noticeable battery drain. Although I think the % might be off. It isn't enough to delete

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Well it looks like my problem was NCsetting. It looks like my iPhone 5 battery life is back. I am still running livepapers and it seems to be ok with that. Let you guys know if that changes.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Well it looks like my problem was NCsetting. It looks like my iPhone 5 battery life is back. I am still running livepapers and it seems to be ok with that. Let you guys know if that changes.

Really? Ncsetting drained the battery, wow. Does sbsettings drain the battery?

Beeray

malcbo

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Switzerland
I've been running NCSettings on 4S & 5 since evasion was out (on 6.1 and now 6.1.2), and I haven't experienced any drain at all on battery.
I even feel like battery improved since jailbroken.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Really? Ncsetting drained the battery, wow. Does sbsettings drain the battery?

Beeray

Well my phone died right before I went to bed last night, so I plugged it up and removed NCsetting cause I heard someone on here say that it has worked for them. I only got about 5 1/2 hours of usage yesterday, and before the jailbreak I was getting close to 8. So after charging my iphone all night I started using it today and I am down to 90% with 1 hour usage. That would equal out to close to 8 hours if this continues. Now livepapers also updated yesterday, so the update could be doing the trick too. The only problem with that is I have been having battery issues since I jailbroke and NCsetting was on of the first apps I downloaded. It could just my phone, but I really do believe that was the problem.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Well my phone died right before I went to bed last night, so I plugged it up and removed NCsetting cause I heard someone on here say that it has worked for them. I only got about 5 1/2 hours of usage yesterday, and before the jailbreak I was getting close to 8. So after charging my iphone all night I started using it today and I am down to 90% with 1 hour usage. That would equal out to close to 8 hours if this continues. Now livepapers also updated yesterday, so the update could be doing the trick too. The only problem with that is I have been having battery issues since I jailbroke and NCsetting was on of the first apps I downloaded. It could just my phone, but I really do believe that was the problem.

It never effected my battery, for me, I think it's zephyr

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Man that would be so disappointing if NCSettings really is a battery drain. Whenever the dev is asked about this, he always says that its unlikely because NCSettings only "loads" when the NC is pulled down (which makes sense). Outside of that, he said it shouldn't have any impact on the battery. But if its true that it drains the battery, well then that sucks badly. Hopefully he can fix it if this is the case.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I have a few tweeks and my battery seems to have improved.
I have the
fold screen
Barrel roll
Winterboard
Unrestrictor
Springtomize
SBsettings
DashboardX
Ect…

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Man that would be so disappointing if NCSettings really is a battery drain. Whenever the dev is asked about this, he always says that its unlikely because NCSettings only "loads" when the NC is pulled down (which makes sense). Outside of that, he said it shouldn't have any impact on the battery. But if its true that it drains the battery, well then that sucks badly. Hopefully he can fix it if this is the case.

Well I am still checking cause after my 10% drain this morning now my iPhone is back to drain for no good reason. I guess my next try is going to be winterboard. I really hate to loss some of the cool things that winterboard offers, but if it ends up being the problem then I will cut my losses.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
LivePapers and IntelliScreen X will MURDER your battery, especially together.

How will intelliscreen x drain battery if I have all the feeds turn off? I don't have Facebook, twitter, or RSS feed synced. All it does now is allow me to answer messages.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
How will intelliscreen x drain battery if I have all the feeds turn off? I don't have Facebook, twitter, or RSS feed synced. All it does now is allow me to answer messages.

It doesn't. The drain comes with the feeds. I just run the RSS feed and have no noticeable battery drain compared to no ISX. I'm thinking the Twitter feed drains the most, then FB. Not sure how bad the mail is - I've never used it.

Although its crap-ton of launch daemons makes my boot times horrid. Thank god i'm on an untether

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
It doesn't. The drain comes with the feeds. I just run the RSS feed and have no noticeable battery drain compared to no ISX. I'm thinking the Twitter feed drains the most, then FB. Not sure how bad the mail is - I've never used it.

Although its crap-ton of launch daemons makes my boot times horrid. Thank god i'm on an untether

Yea mail was the only thing that I still had on. I took it off an we will see. I deleted winterboard as well and I am charging as we speak. Let you guys know if I find anything.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011

My battery is amazing. Ncsettings was the first thing I installed, no battery issues. I think it might be zephyr in my case. That's all I have.
Beeray

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
I currently use Springtomize 2 for a couple of things. One is to remove the carrier name and another is to blur the notification center.

My question is am I better off, battery wise, to use Springtomize for these two things or to use something like No Carrier Name and FastBlurredNotificationCenter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.