Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Who knows the secret gesture to get the iPad smart signs at Apple stores to get back to the home screen? I know it can be done.

machacker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
I would really love this information as well. I have a friend who works there, and I would love to make his life difficult. :D

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Deliberately damaging, modifying, deleting or adding programs to Apple's computers or devices would probably land the OP in jail while Apple's (and maybe state/federal) attorneys decide how many criminal codes he broke to prosecute the jerk to the full extent of the law.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
He more than likely doesn't know, and if does, why stroke your ego for knowing the information of bringing the device to the home screen? Is it really an accomplishment to do that? I never knew someone could feel tickled silly for doing that.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Out of interest, what's the difference between the demo version of the ipad and one people buy? Is it just that they have a screen saver and demo version of apps? Is everything else the same? Can you download normal non demo apps onto them? I don't mean the smart sign.

And can't the smart signs just be exited by pressing the home button? I know they're covered but I always thought employees have a key or something to open the case. And how are they charged? I don't remember seeing charge cables attached to them.

Last edited:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Deliberately damaging, modifying, deleting or adding programs to Apple's computers or devices would probably land the OP in jail while Apple's (and maybe state/federal) attorneys decide how many criminal codes he broke to prosecute the jerk to the full extent of the law.

You can't damage an iPad by adding or removing programs. :rolleyes:

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
You have to draw a circle with a smaller circle in the middle, but without lifting your finger off the display.

It's incredibly difficult to pull off, which is why only the store managers themselves are allowed to do it.

jessejarvi

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
You have to draw a circle with a smaller circle in the middle, but without lifting your finger off the display.

It's incredibly difficult to pull off, which is why only the store managers themselves are allowed to do it.

I tried that but it didn't work. Have they changed it already?

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
I tried that but it didn't work. Have they changed it already?

rage-guy-deep-thought.jpg

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Out of interest, what's the difference between the demo version of the ipad and one people buy? Is it just that they have a screen saver and demo version of apps? Is everything else the same? Can you download normal non demo apps onto them? I don't mean the smart sign.

And can't the smart signs just be exited by pressing the home button? I know they're covered but I always thought employees have a key or something to open the case. And how are they charged? I don't remember seeing charge cables attached to them.

The home buttons aren't covered, they are just disabled. Also, they are some special model that charges through the back. I know because I saw them fixing one if them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.