Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WuLabswuTecH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Hi all,

Is there a way to view the screen on my iPod touch (5G, lightning cable) on my laptop and use a mouse/trackpad and keyboard on it? I want to view some things that can only be viewed on the iPod touch, but on a bigger screen (and don't want to buy and iPad just for this one purpose). Any ideas?

Thanks,
-WU

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,

Is there a way to view the screen on my iPod touch (5G, lightning cable) on my laptop and use a mouse/trackpad and keyboard on it? I want to view some things that can only be viewed on the iPod touch, but on a bigger screen (and don't want to buy and iPad just for this one purpose). Any ideas?

Thanks,
-WU

Why not view it on your tv. Does your laptop have hdmi in capability, this is the only way to view it on your laptop.

mrbobdobolina

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2016
If you plug your iPod (or iPhone) into your Mac and open up Quicktime you can create a new video recording and select the device as a camera. That will give you the video from your iPod. If you want to use your keyboard, you'll need a bluetooth keyboard. Don't think you can use a mouse with an iPod, least that I know of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.