Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

summerheaven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
I was on iOS 5.01 and updated to 6.01 and now my ipod touch keeps turning on and off. It would have a black screen, then the white apple logo shows up then go back to a black screen.

My home button is broken, so I can't do a hard reset or go into DFU mode. I have been using Activator (my ipod is jailbroken) as a replacement for my home button.

I updated iTunes and it's completely new and it doesn't seem to recognize my ipod when it's plugged it.

What can I do to fix this? Someone help me please, I have been googling for hours and no one seems to have the same problem.

Kallen

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2013
I was on iOS 5.01 and updated to 6.01 and now my ipod touch keeps turning on and off. It would have a black screen, then the white apple logo shows up then go back to a black screen.

My home button is broken, so I can't do a hard reset or go into DFU mode. I have been using Activator (my ipod is jailbroken) as a replacement for my home button.

I updated iTunes and it's completely new and it doesn't seem to recognize my ipod when it's plugged it.

What can I do to fix this? Someone help me please, I have been googling for hours and no one seems to have the same problem.

Boot loops suck... Are you using Windows or MAC? If Windows, turn your speakers up, and plug in your ipod. We need to know if Windows can detect that the ipod is plugged in. Plug it in and wait a few seconds, and reply back if it makes the connect noise (Windows) at any point during the boot process.

summerheaven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
Boot loops suck... Are you using Windows or MAC? If Windows, turn your speakers up, and plug in your ipod. We need to know if Windows can detect that the ipod is plugged in. Plug it in and wait a few seconds, and reply back if it makes the connect noise (Windows) at any point during the boot process.

I'm using Windows.

I finally got it to run recovery mode. I held the home and power button for maybe 10 minutes (the home button isn't completely broken, it sometimes works if I press it for an extended amount of time.

I lost all my music and all my cracked apps though (I found out that Installous has shut down, that's probably why).

I've updated and did a jailbreak again.

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
A great place to start would be get that home button repaired. Having the option of doing a DFU mode restore will most likely resolve your issue.

summerheaven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
After updating to iOS to 6.0.1, the home button works... more often. It's still a bit glitchy (stalls, or doesn't work until i press it a bunch of times).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.