Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiriDV

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
Well after a small delay because of my age, I have a new start date of November 3rd. I filled out the loooooooooooooooong agreements today, met the team and had a great time tour the labyrinth underneath the mall.

For now, I would have to say goodbye to MacRumors. Godspeed, folks!

alexbassy

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
I went to the hiring event today and was told I would get a reply around 18:00 (UK time) and now it's nearly 1 in the morning! I'm not sure whether I should email the recruiter in the morning or just leave it and hope it comes through at some point tomorrow. I'm worried they misread my email address from the form.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Send them an email. But you've probably left enough details there to enable them to work out who that is, and posting that kind of information on here is the perfect way to lose whatever job you have/haven't got at Apple.

Last edited:

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
My experience at the Apple hiring event went very well. I have had 3 interviews so far and I left the final one feeling very optimistic.

Now, here I sit a week later and have heard nothing. No offer call, no rejection letter... nothing. I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I'm assuming I did not get a job at the store I wanted or I would have heard by now.

If that's the case, does anyone have suggestions on how I might parlay this experience into a possible job at the other Apple store in town without having to start back at square one? Both stores were represented at my hiring event, and we had to chose which store we preferred to work at. I chose my "home" store, the one I shop at the most often. However, I'd be just as happy at the other store across town.

Thanks for any advice.

(edited to remove details)
I had two interviews, the second one was with 3 other people, after the interview we all decided to exchange emails to keep in touch and see what's up.
Two days later, they email me that all 3 got a rejection email, while I didn't receive any. :( that was 5 months ago. After sending emails with no reply, I have up :(

uzit

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
Got a invite in the morning, super nervous but I'll be fine when I get there..I think..

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Has anyone on here been to a final interview recently in the UK/Northern Ireland and not heard anything back?

If you have could you PM me :)

DanielYilmaz

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
I applied on tuesday bit nervous havent had a reply but this is my first time applying for a job how long will it take for them to reply and when are seminars held ?

MacMan86

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
UK
I applied on tuesday bit nervous havent had a reply but this is my first time applying for a job how long will it take for them to reply and when are seminars held ?

As in you submitted your résumé on Tuesday? You're unlikely to hear back in two days...

You only hear back if they want you to come to a seminar. It might be weeks or months in some people's cases before they get invited to one. I think it was at least a week for me

If they aren't interest you won't hear anything at all, not a peep.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I recently attended an Apple Hiring Event. It was at a hotel business conference room. We were divided into small groups and sat around a round table. We passed along an ipad while reading and answering questions off the ipad.

I was asked to stay to "get more info from me". It turns out they wanted to set up another interview that same day. I agreed and came back later.

The next interview was with the store leader and the same manager that interviewed the group from before. It was just the three of us. I answered some questions about how I've dealt with situations in my life and product knowledge questions. Then, nearing the end the store leader mentioned hours of work and the process of being promoting noting that turnover was extremely low.

We said our goodbyes and left. The next day I received an email from HireRight asking permission to perform a background check for Apple. I filled out the paperwork online and submitted it the next day. Its been 11 days now since I submitted my paperwork. I checked this morning and the background check is still in progress.

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from HireRight?

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
I'm 16 and just had my second interview! It appeared as though they were thoroughly impressed by what I had to offer based on my age, saying "I picked excellent hours" and "they are looking for the very positions I am interested in." I humored them and I think I gave the answers they were looking for.

I did some role playing as well as answer some critical thinking questions; which I think went well. The second interview lasted no longer than thirty minutes with 3 managers at once. Then we had open discussion for a while and I asked many questions and wrapped it up thereafter. They said they they would reach out to me by Tuesday, if not sooner! The only thing that I am afraid went wrong is having them say "yeah, uh huh, that's cool" to almost all of my answers, which were well thought out.

If all goes well, I may need to delete my posts. Best of luck to all of you!

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
Still haven't had a response yet - is this typical? I also noticed a yellow sticky note with exclamation marks on my cover letter, is that a sure sign they are interested?

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
For those who got hired as part time, how many hours a week do you typically work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.