Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
I disagree. I think Apple is out of fresh ideas and is rethinking where it wants to go. Ain't no Willy Wonka's chocolate factory..

----------

Lmfao. That got me busting up.

----------

You are awesome.

----------

Yep

I dunno, how many more times does Apple have to come up with the good ideas? where would we be if Apple didn't give google and all the other
fakers something to copy?

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
I dunno, how many more times does Apple have to come up with the good ideas? where would we be if Apple didn't give google and all the other
fakers something to copy?

Many more times. I'm not faulting Apple. It's not easy coming up with fresh ideas every 6 months. Well, *good* fresh ideas.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
So we've made a leap from 'it has a bluetooth connection' to 'it will send Gb of data to google over the internet whether you like it or not'. Until such point as we establish that it has no ability to work at all without an active internet connection and that the glasses will prevent users from switching off their connected phones internet connection, then I'd hold off on those uninformed rants.

Google are trying something new and disruptive. We'll see if it works and catches on, then pass judgment

ok.... but you don't have to be a genus to wonder where the Maps are gonna come from, where are ads gonna come from...and lets not forget picture-in-picture.

is this a joke?
$1500.00 :D

I think their serious..

Last edited:

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011
if they can partner up with some frame makers to put them in or incorporate somehow in regular glasses I'll sign up on day 1

actually I might still but prob less likely to wear it as often

Zews

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2008
What about for people wearing glasses with corrective lenses.

Am I the only one noticing that this product does not seem to be geared to about 65% of the adult population of the US who wear glasses with corrective lenses on a daily basis.

If Google's promo photos and videos are to be believed, Google Glass is only targeting beautiful 20-something fashion models.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Am I the only one noticing that this product does not seem to be geared to about 65% of the adult population of the US who wear glasses with corrective lenses on a daily basis.

If Google's promo photos and videos are to be believed, Google Glass is only targeting beautiful 20-something fashion models.

They are researching to make them suitable for prescription lenses

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.