Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I constantly hit it when using zephyr. Why is it there? How many people regularly want to view an entire photo album at a slow pace? Apple really makes some bizarre and idiotic design choices

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You're blaming Apple for putting a button in a bad place because the place that they have the button causes something to happen that they never designed in to iOS? Apple doesn't design around jailbreak tweaks. In their point of view, the button is in a great place and not impeding anything.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
You're blaming Apple for putting a button in a bad place because the place that they have the button causes something to happen that they never designed in to iOS? Apple doesn't design around jailbreak tweaks. In their point of view, the button is in a great place and not impeding anything.

Obviously I know they didn't design w jailbreak tweaks in mind, I'm stating that totally regardless of it's inconvenient placement to me, it is a stupid and pointless place for this pointless feature.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Personally, I don't use it. But my parents do. And so do the parents of my friends. I don't know why but many adults/parents I know seem to like it.

Thank you, that perfectly explains how stupid this button is

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Maybe you need new hands...or a new phone.

Do you ever accidentally hit the "edit" button in Messages?

Does anyone get annoyed when autocorrect changes "so" to "do"?

Has anyone noticed lack of responsiveness when scrolling through friends in Fbook?

Why is "send as a text message" included alongside copy?

Do you get used to awkward feel/shape of the iPhone 5?

Why is there nothing that reads your texts aloud to you?

Does anyone ever accidentally click the "All/Missed" buttons above recent calls?

Anyone else not like how Pandora starts playing right when you open it?

Anyone else find it annoying that you can't just cancel an email w/out deleting draft

Is there no other way to "undo" other than the awkward "shake to undo"?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
So I guess you're not as mature as an adult. Just another infantile dumb little kid.

Exactly. Kids these days...
No but adults are notoriously and understandably out of touch with modern technology and culture and therefore something they find to be useful or "cool" is usually the opposite

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
No but adults are notoriously and understandably out of touch with modern technology and culture and therefore something they find to be useful or "cool" is usually the opposite

Yet it's the adults who designed said modern technology. Facebook wasn't created by a teenager. Neither was Twitter. Nor Samsung's popular Galaxy phones. Nor the evasi0n jailbreak. Nor iPhone.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Yet it's the adults who designed said modern technology. Facebook wasn't created by a teenager. Neither was Twitter. Nor Samsung's popular Galaxy phones. Nor the evasi0n jailbreak. Nor iPhone.
Those "adults" leading the design and tech world are not in any way the same demographic as the typical fuddy duddy parents who are content with dialup and flip phones

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you, that perfectly explains how stupid this button is
It's called different people using different things, and using them differently than others at times too. None of that makes something right or wrong, good or bad, or anything else. It doesn't apply to just phone interfaces, or technology, or anything specific--it's how reality works, has worked for ages, and will work in the future, nothing more.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Those "adults" leading the design and tech world are not in any way the same demographic as the typical fuddy duddy parents who are content with dialup and flip phones

I really feel bad for your parents. Do they know you badmouth them about the very things they buy for you when your constant whining becomes too much for them to handle?

Go do your homework.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
I constantly hit it when using zephyr. Why is it there? How many people regularly want to view an entire photo album at a slow pace? Apple really makes some bizarre and idiotic design choices

Why did you start this thread?What on Earth did you hope to achieve?I'm genuinely curious since I can't imagine a single coherent motive.

Hey maybe I'm to old,eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.