Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chewieez

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2007
I just wanted to say that today I walked into our local Apple Store in Nashville, TN and bought an AppleTV with model number A1469. It was the first box I picked up, so I didn't check the others to see if they had any older ones mixed in. I was just happy to find a new one and bought it.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
No one has actually proven such a thing exists, unfounded rumor and speculation. All Chundles said was his ATV3 is noticeably faster than his ATV2. Well of course it is, it has the A5 vs. the A4 of the older generation 2 model, not the A5X.

Yeah, and my new one doesn't seem any different in size either.

institute

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
That is a diagram of the rubber base of the Apple TV. It doesn't include the thin edge of the top case. The new model will be/is the same size as the previous model

jcrandall

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
I ordered one from staples website for delivery and received A1469. They just started selling them so I figured good chance they only have new inventory.

BeeJee

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
Long Island/North Jersey
Do these have the same SKU as the early 3rd gens? I'm assuming yes, I understand the model number is different. Anybody with a new one, I would appreciate it if you could post it so I can compare.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
But does the new Apple TV 3.2 use both cores?

No because the new version of the chip only has one core. Since they never used both cores before, removing it probably helped them make it smaller and more efficient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.