Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
Lol. :). Uuhhh. Yea I've read this entire 200 page forum! I think I may have been too prepared.
But I was asked a lot "name a time when you... Troubleshooted something for your friends, fixed an email issue, dealt with irate customer" It's so hard for me to think on my feet like that. Just know an example for every scenario they could ask. I was asked how you would explain Ram to someone who knows nothing about computers. I can't even think of everything. It was FaceTime and lasted 31 minutes. It helped that she wasn't starring directly to the camera and was typing so I didn't feel too uncomfortable.
So now I wait... Your in 4/15 too right?? Hopefully we will be in the same class... I have a feeling we won't know anything for 3 weeks. Soooo ready to hand in my notice now!

Thanks for the insight. Yeah, hopefully we will both get to be in that class! That would be awesome. :) Long waits-it's what dreams are made of. :p

TeeLee

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
The interview sounded like it went well enough. I only had 2 interviews and at the end of the second one they said that I should be hearing back from the hiring manager. A few hours later I had the BGC email come in. Once you get that BGC login for hireright you're in. Timeframes may vary but most everyone I know got their HireRight stuff not too long after the conclusion of their last interview. Almost all of the pre-hire mail I got from Apple came after the close of normal business hours, i.e. 7 - 8 PM EST so keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

I agree with the late-evening mail assessment, so I'm holding my breath a little. I still jump for my phone every time I hear the email notification, though. :D
Keep all your digits crossed for me, and all the other 4/15 potentials!

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
I agree with the late-evening mail assessment, so I'm holding my breath a little. I still jump for my phone every time I hear the email notification, though. :D
Keep all your digits crossed for me, and all the other 4/15 potentials!

I've done exactly the same lol
We're almost there!4.15 buddy!

Dec 21, 2012
Helena, AL
Paperwork session complete...hurry up and wait?!

Hey guys and gals. I'm in the 3/18 class and have completed my paperwork session and my paperwork packet has been sent via FedEx to the home office HR peeps in Cali. For you guys who have made it this far, does your manager usually give you a "Welcome To The Team, See you on..." call? Just curious if we have anymore conversations with anyone prior to our machines shipping a few days before the first day of class.

Also, since all of the other paperwork is in, when do we fill out direct deposit/benefits info? I would have thought the direct deposit form would have been included in the paperwork packet since (I'm assuming) you're paid from day 1.

iFarmer

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
. For you guys who have made it this far, does your manager usually give you a "Welcome To The Team, See you on..." call? Just curious if we have anymore conversations with anyone prior to our machines shipping a few days before the first day of class.

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Hey guys and gals. I'm in the 3/18 class and have completed my paperwork session and my paperwork packet has been sent via FedEx to the home office HR peeps in Cali. For you guys who have made it this far, does your manager usually give you a "Welcome To The Team, See you on..." call? Just curious if we have anymore conversations with anyone prior to our machines shipping a few days before the first day of class.

Also, since all of the other paperwork is in, when do we fill out direct deposit/benefits info? I would have thought the direct deposit form would have been included in the paperwork packet since (I'm assuming) you're paid from day 1.

Once you officially start you can log into MyPage and set up direct deposit and health care stuff. Your first check will get mailed and subsequent checks will be deposited into your account every other Fri. They used to mail out the phone/internet reimbursement checks but those are now direct deposit as well.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for the insight. Yeah, hopefully we will both get to be in that class! That would be awesome. :) Long waits-it's what dreams are made of. :p

I'm hoping so! Glad I'm able to go through this process with someone else who understands. :)

My nerves are shot! Do the days get longer and longer the more they make you wait... Ugh.. I feel like this morning is forever long!

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
I'm hoping so! Glad I'm able to go through this process with someone else who understands. :)

My nerves are shot! Do the days get longer and longer the more they make you wait... Ugh.. I feel like this morning is forever long!

I know what you mean. I am still waiting for a confirmation of my interview on Monday. Hopefully soon. If not I guess I can shoot them an e-mail to inquire about it. I got the app and filled it out, but no confirmation yet. Here's hoping today. :)

TeeLee

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
I know what you mean. I am still waiting for a confirmation of my interview on Monday. Hopefully soon. If not I guess I can shoot them an e-mail to inquire about it. I got the app and filled it out, but no confirmation yet. Here's hoping today. :)

One thing I still haven't gotten is the "official application" that I have heard mentioned so often. When I scheduled my last interview, the email with the scheduling link stated that I should receive the official app within 3 days of confirming my interview, but still nothing.

Is this important enough to contact my recruiter about? (I would love to know what our current-employee contributers think, here.) I hate to email about a piddly thing, and have it added to my notes...

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
One thing I still haven't gotten is the "official application" that I have heard mentioned so often. When I scheduled my last interview, the email with the scheduling link stated that I should receive the official app within 3 days of confirming my interview, but still nothing.

Is this important enough to contact my recruiter about? (I would love to know what our current-employee contributers think, here.) I hate to email about a piddly thing, and have it added to my notes...

The process may vary and it has been a while since I was hired but if I recall, I got the "official application" just prior to my second and last interview and the info I had put in that application had carried over to the HireRight submission form. Like I said, it's been a while and I was drunk the whole time so I don't remember the specifics.

Edit: I checked my archived mail and the sequence of events was as follows:
the 19th: applied on line
23rd: first skype interview
23rd: email for scheduling an interview with hiring manager
23rd: email inviting me to fill out official application
30th: second interview
30th: hireright login for BGC

officially hired 2 weeks after BGC submitted

That was more than a few months ago so the hiring process may have changed.

Last edited:

TeeLee

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
The process may vary and it has been a while since I was hired but if I recall, I got the "official application" just prior to my second and last interview and the info I had put in that application had carried over to the HireRight submission form. Like I said, it's been a while and I was drunk the whole time so I don't remember the specifics.

A druken application submission...somehow, that's perfect. LOL

Okay, sooo...I think I'm going to cave to the inner pressure & email my recruiter. I'm just worried that not having that app will slow down the hiring process, if there is one. Plus, I haven't seen anyone who hasn't had to fill one out. At least not here...

DirtyHobo

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2013
A druken application submission...somehow, that's perfect. LOL

Okay, sooo...I think I'm going to cave to the inner pressure & email my recruiter. I'm just worried that not having that app will slow down the hiring process, if there is one. Plus, I haven't seen anyone who hasn't had to fill one out. At least not here...

That app, they just send you a link to the main apple application site where you have to log in, go to my profile, and then click "My application" on the left and fill it out.

This is just the official application and will pull most of your information from your original application.

Cobra2025

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013

Yes they do I was going crazy waiting then I got the call that call made the wait worth it

TeeLee

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
That app, they just send you a link to the main apple application site where you have to log in, go to my profile, and then click "My application" on the left and fill it out.

This is just the official application and will pull most of your information from your original application.

Before emailing the recruiter, that's exactly what I did (thank goodness). I logged in and found the application right away; so I'm glad I waited. And thank YOU for trying to give me the heads-up, Hobo.

Stupid me, though, I called my recruiter after submitting the app just to let her know why it had taken so long. She didn't *exactly* talk to me like I was an idiot, but her kindergarten-teacher voice didn't *exactly* make me feel brainy. LOL Hopefully, "needy" is not a descriptive option in interview notes.

UPDATE!! She DID give me some info that I thought would be helpful to everyone here. (At least the 4/15 class applicants.) She confirmed that the hiring/interview process happens in waves or batches. So basically, from what she said, they don't move on to the next step in the process (Hireright/offer call/rejection letter) until this wave of interviews is over. She said that the recruiters will finish up by Friday, and the Team Managers should be done by Tuesday or Wednesday. So, just hang in there 'til then, y'all.

----------

Okay, so this:
"30th: second interview
30th: hireright login for BGC"
...makes me nervous. It does seem like ppl who were hired got the BGC email almost immediately after their second interview. Maybe it's different depending on the Team Manager, or on whether it's iOS or CPU...still. Can't help but wonder.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Did anyone who is currently training/working with Apple receive their BGC email several days after their last interview??
(I would go back through the forum and check, but I'll just get all worked up if I read all those "sorry for playing" email posts...)

------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, guys. I talk too much. :p

Last edited:

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks for the info! I guess I won't necessarily get a 2nd interview confirmation. :)

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for the info! I guess I won't necessarily get a 2nd interview confirmation. :)

Did you try clicking the link in the schedule interview email and see what that takes to you? Even tho mine already happened. It said I couldn't register but it did show my interview time. That would put your mind at ease knowing Its scheduled! :)

Jazziegirl14

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
Applied to apple as an at home advisor

Hello All,
Congrats on the previous job offers!
I have just applied to apple for an at home advisor position in spite of me not meeting the minimum GPA requirement.
Does anyone know if I have a chance of being considered or not?

Thanks in advance!

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
Did you try clicking the link in the schedule interview email and see what that takes to you? Even tho mine already happened. It said I couldn't register but it did show my interview time. That would put your mind at ease knowing Its scheduled! :)

From the link I had a list of times. After I selected a time and put in my info it said "see you then." I tried clicking back on the link in the e-mail to get back to it but it just errored. I will try it again. Thanks.

EDIT: Tried it again and it took me to the page that told me I was registered and the time. Not sure what the deal was with it erroring, but it works now. Thanks for the extra nudge! :) All that's left to do is wait.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
From the link I had a list of times. After I selected a time and put in my info it said "see you then." I tried clicking back on the link in the e-mail to get back to it but it just errored. I will try it again. Thanks.

EDIT: Tried it again and it took me to the page that told me I was registered and the time. Not sure what the deal was with it erroring, but it works now. Thanks for the extra nudge! :) All that's left to do is wait.

So since it took you to the list of times I wonder if the last time it didnt go through? Let me know if you get a confirmation email this time. Are you registered for the same day/time?

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
So since it took you to the list of times I wonder if the last time it didnt go through? Let me know if you get a confirmation email this time. Are you registered for the same day/time?

Sorry. I think you are misunderstanding me. I successfully registered the first time a few days ago. It said "See you then." However, I wanted to look at it after that so I went back to my email and re-clicked the link. That is when I got a page error. Now that I have opened it with no page error it shows me my registered time for Monday. I didn't re-register or anything. Since I see the registration info on this page now I won't worry too much about a confirmation e-mail. :)

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Sorry. I think you are misunderstanding me. I successfully registered the first time a few days ago. It said "See you then." However, I wanted to look at it after that so I went back to my email and re-clicked the link. That is when I got a page error. Now that I have opened it with no page error it shows me my registered time for Monday. I didn't re-register or anything. Since I see the registration info on this page now I won't worry too much about a confirmation e-mail. :)

Oh ok. Got it. I thought you meant you had to pick a time again. But that's good! Still odd that you didn't get a confirmation email but as long as the interview is scheduled. That's all that matters! :)

WayneBreezy

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Well just an Update, Like I posted before everything seems to be happening fast, I had my 3rd interview on Monday and I just got my email from HireRight to do my BGC today. Im pretty confident from this point so i guess now it's a waiting game. Class starts 4/15 so I have plenty of time. Good luck to everyone else. and If you are new just review the questions on page 40 or whatever. They are spot on for everything I was asked from day one. Remember they are looking more for customer service than Tech so don't BS the answers and remember EMPATHY!

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
Oh ok. Got it. I thought you meant you had to pick a time again. But that's good! Still odd that you didn't get a confirmation email but as long as the interview is scheduled. That's all that matters! :)

Yeah. :) It is a bit odd, but I figured it's fine as long as it's scheduled. I just wanted confirmation, but this works, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.