Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
I hope the atlas doesn't have as many issues as the obex and lifeproof seem to be having. Wonder why these "lifeproof cases" are having so many problems especially from multiple manufacturers who have been making cases for awhile.

BossTone74

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
I hope the atlas doesn't have as many issues as the obex and lifeproof seem to be having. Wonder why these "lifeproof cases" are having so many problems especially from multiple manufacturers who have been making cases for awhile.

I want the atlas!! But when is it out?

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I dont like the protection at the mute switch and other ports...seems you can easily get water inside if you accedently scrub the iphone against a wall wich makes the mute cover open. And just a oring...well that means its not ment to be reused alot of times unless they sell spare orings.

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I dont like the protection at the mute switch and other ports...seems you can easily get water inside if you accedently scrub the iphone against a wall wich makes the mute cover open. And just a oring...well that means its not ment to be reused alot of times unless they sell spare orings.

They do send out charge port and mute port covers for free with your original order. I recived 2 of each.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Well, I finally decided to send mine back. The lower right corner refused to snap in. I first thought it would just take a little time and that it would work. No go. When I opened it, to prepare the case to send back, I was surprised to see the screen with a lot of dust and particles on the screen. I really thought that this case would seal the iPhone away from all of this and it did not, at least for me.

I wanted it to work because I liked the case and I really like the holster. Haven't found another with a holster except for the Otterbox Defender and the cover on the charging port puts WAY too much pressure on the lighting connector/

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I just got my obex about an hour or so ago.

Had to make one call (to obex customer support but more on that in a minute) and wow...all I can say is the call volume doesn't sound muffled at all! Amazing so far!

I'll post more about my first reqctions to the case later tonight!

About the customer service call- the case is supposed to come with extra port covers/flaps whatever you call them but my case did not. I was on the call less than two minutes before someone answered, way better than lifeproof (i was on hold for 20 mins to just buy a case.) After just a second of explaining what happened they are shipping me the extra parts. I also realized I would love to have the holster and they let me add it on for just the price difference of the combo case instead of making me return the case and purchasing the combo or charging me $29. So far customer service has won me over from the LifeProof!

Talk about customer service, I received my extra port covers/flaps in the mail, without ever calling. Just receive something in the mail from Seidio a few days ago, opened it up, and inside were the extra pieces. No letter or anything, just those pieces. I love Seidio, and their holsters are the best in the business.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
Sending my case back. Nothing wrong with my OBEX except the flimsy mute switch cover. I'm going to pick up the Otterbox Armor case to try out and hopefully the Incipio Atlas is released shortly thereafter.

The Armor case looks very solid and not as flimsy as the LifeProof and OBEX. I hope the Incipio's plastic is more rugged and solid because that's the size I want for protective everyday case.

StaGro

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Anyone have the white obex? I have the black, but ordered the white one from Seidio just now. I think my black one was "practice" because I had to learn how to close it so all parts snapped together properly.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
RMAing mine, the sound is ****. I can't here people correctly, Im get complaints people can't hear me correctly.

I'll get the new one...then beg for a refund unless its a HUGE improvment

I'm having same issue with sound, then I switched the phone and was very surprised how bad, tunnel like, quiter sounded.
Other wise I love the case, the feel, look and not too bulky at all.

Mellisaray

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Thanks for that review. I'm going to order one now. I can't wait to dump that crappy Lifeproof. :p

Does the sound come from the back of the case like the Lifeproof? I hope not :(

well, i also heard many people said they have unpleasant buying experience on Lifeproof.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Returned my obex. I really liked it, but a waterproof case that doesn't stay closed isn't waterproof. Ordered an otterbox armor. It's being shipped.

Medickobe

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2013
Can't hear with the case on

I got this case at the EMS Today conference in Washington. I usually use a Bluetooth but without it I can't hear the phone hardly at all. Especially if there is ambient noise. I found this a total turn off and will be returning the case. And it looks like its open on the sides?

Sparkychess

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
question on Seidio obex iphone 5 case

hi,

Got a question on my case I think there is a water mark on my case but how do you remove the water mark? also it's down a little lower toward the home button but not all the way so how do i remove it?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.