Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
• Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy".
• Featured by Apple as "Editor's Choice".
• Featured by Apple in "What's Hot" section of the AppStore.
• Ranked #1 in paid Productivity apps for iPhone.

Amount it's the lightest and the most intuitive unit converter you've ever seen.
It brings a brand new approach to the unit converters: with just 2 taps of your fingers you have all the values you want to convert side by side.
Plus it has some gesture based actions that simplify the whole use of the app.

Amount is the lightest unit converter on the store (only 500Kb!) and is available on the AppStore for 0.99$.

Please, if you are going to buy it rate and leave a review with your thinks, I'll really appreciate your suggestions! This can help me improve it a lot!

AppStore: http://appstore.com/amount
Promotional video: https://vimeo.com/60312250

2la8t3c.png

142zjwl.png

Last edited:

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
New categories coming soon!
If you have specific category request just tell here.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
A new version (1.1.5) has been submitted to Apple and it's waiting for review.
Great graphic enhancement in this release!
Plus there is a greater space reduction: the whole app weights less than 500Kb now.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Version 1.1.5 available on the App Store for free! Go download and rate it! :)

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Version 1.1.6 just submitted with minor bug fixes.

UPDATE: 1300 downloads in 24 hours! Thanks all! Help me improve this app by rating it!

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
Heard of Savard Software's Master Converter for Windows...?

Let's hope your app can be an iOS replacement of the said program in the future... :D

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Heard of Savard Software's Master Converter for Windows...?

Let's hope your app can be an iOS replacement of the said program in the future... :D

Thx man, I hope that too :D

Btw, now I'm just working on a new release (1.2) with a lot of new units and categories, including currencies.
That will be released soon after 1.1.6.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
convertible: out.

amount: in.

this is a great app, and as the OP said its intuitive and clean.

just a suggestion for future updates i would change the number input table to a calculator format instead of a dial one (and lose the letters?).

ie:

iDigg.

Last edited:

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
just a suggestion for future updates i would change the number input table to a calculator format instead of a dial one (and lose the letters?).

ie:

Great suggestion! Yeah the letters are a bit annoying, I was already thinkin' about that, but that's definitely a thing I'm going to do in the next releases!

Glad you like it :)

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Working on Amount 1.2.

Just finished to implement currencies!
Next step: adding more units and categories, if you have requests they're appreciated!

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.1.6 now available on the AppStore with minor fixes.

Soon will be released Amount 1.2, now with currencies and time conversions :)

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.2 submitted to Apple.

New in this release: Currency conversions, Time conversions and some UI improvements.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.2 available on the AppStore with:
• Currency category.
• Time category.
• UI improvements and bugfix.

Now working on 1.2.1, with just some fix and the Italian localization ('cause in my country there are a lot of people askin' me that :p).

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Working on Amount 1.3 with great usability improvements.

• A new, more intuitive keyboard.
• Some really light and minimal sound effects.
• Cool alerts that shows up when a category or a unit is deleted or restored to default.
• Italian localization.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.3 now available on the AppStore with cool new features:

• A new, more intuitive keyboard.
• Some really light and minimal sound effects.
• Cool alerts that shows up when a category or a unit is deleted or restored to default.
• Italian localization.

Important: due to some deep changes in the conversion algorithm, if you have your system language set on Italian is recommended to reinstall the application, otherwise the app will crash.

Now working on some fast fix (version 1.3.1), with some new algorithm improvements, new alert and more settings.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Working on a new minor version (1.3.2) with some really cool animation effects and user interface improvements.
There's also a fix for a known bug, where in the Cooking category Tablespoons and Teaspoons units are reversed.

If you noticed some bugs or you have some suggestions, please tell me by leaving a review. You can also contact me via Twitter (I know, you'll appreciate a "Support section" or a website, but now I'm busy with university, when I have some free time I'll do it for sure :))

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.3.2 available on the AppStore, with new cool animations, a new copy feature and some bugfix.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Workin' on a new version with History Log feature and some other UI updates.

The new version will keep track of a maximum of 10 past action of the user.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.3.3 available on the AppStore.

New features:
• History log with past currency exchange rates for currency history.
• Changed gestures for deleting and copying units and categories.
• Bug fixes.

Last edited:

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.3.4 submitted to Apple.

• An alert for rating the app in the AppStore will be shown once after using the app for a while.
• Some minor UI fixes.

Future updates will focus on new categories and units.
As always, if someone have suggestions or specific requests let me know ;)

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount 1.3.5 is now available on the AppStore with new cool features:

• This version introduces a new way to create favorites lists: shaking the device (or tapping the title) will now enable the "edit mode", allowing you to select which categories or units you want to keep.
• "Copy" feature changed: now to copy a unit you have to long tap a row in any point you like.
• Added the possibility to enable or disable animations into the iPhone Settings.
• Added the possibility to enable or disable unit's name copy into the iPhone Settings.
• Animations are now speeded up.

Plus there is a new promotional video at this link: https://vimeo.com/60312250

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
This is a very nice app. It'll probably become my new goto converter. I actually typed a nice little rant here about how unintuitive the 'shake' gesture is, then realized you can just tap the top navigation bar to enter edit mode. Huh. Still might want to have the app point this out upon first entering the units screen.

One request: a button in edit mode that toggles between "select all units" and "deselect all units" so that I don't have to manually check off 20-something options. Plus it gives the user a quick 'reset to default' option by reselecting all units with one touch.

Once again, this is a great app.

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
This is a very nice app. It'll probably become my new goto converter. I actually typed a nice little rant here about how unintuitive the 'shake' gesture is, then realized you can just tap the top navigation bar to enter edit mode. Huh. Still might want to have the app point this out upon first entering the units screen.

One request: a button in edit mode that toggles between "select all units" and "deselect all units" so that I don't have to manually check off 20-something options. Plus it gives the user a quick 'reset to default' option by reselecting all units with one touch.

Once again, this is a great app.

Thanks man!
I know the shake gesture is a bit unintuitive, especially the first time you use the app, that's why I did a more simple "alternative" mode by tapping on the top title. Still need to point this out though, I have to find a good method to do this (I don't really like the first screen explanation).

Btw those are really good suggestions, especially the one of the select/deselect all button, that will definitely be implemented in the next release! :)

NSNotFound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Amount is now in the "New and Noteworthy" section of the US AppStore!

Thank you guys for all your suggestion that made this happen!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.