Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Yes, I'm sure that is one of their design criteria. :rolleyes:

If you think it's not, you're crazy. It's a constant tug of war between the software guys wanting more power for new features and hardware guys saying that the battery life will be crap. Add more battery capacity and the software side will expand to fill it. Or have you not been awake to watch the computer industry for the past 30 years. Gee, isn't it weird that your computer still takes roughly the same time to boot and load Word as it always has?

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
If you think it's not, you're crazy. It's a constant tug of war between the software guys wanting more power for new features and hardware guys saying that the battery life will be crap. Add more battery capacity and the software side will expand to fill it. Or have you not been awake to watch the computer industry for the past 30 years. Gee, isn't it weird that your computer still takes roughly the same time to boot and load Word as it always has?

Clearly, Apple's design criteria favored size and weight at the expense of battery life. If people's personal criteria place battery life first, that indicates maybe an iPhone isn't the best phone for them, not that Apple is evil or ignorant. It is also clear, millions of people agree with Apple's design criteria.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Clearly, Apple's design criteria favored size and weight at the expense of battery life. If people's personal criteria place battery life first, that indicates maybe an iPhone isn't the best phone for them, not that Apple is evil or ignorant. It is also clear, millions of people agree with Apple's design criteria.

So you're saying you agree with me now. That's better.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Exactly! Maybe I'm in the minority, but I personally wouldn't mind a phone that's even twice as thick as the current iPhone 5 if it meant double the battery life. I think Apple's taken the "thinnest phone on the market" competition a bit too far, and I'm sad to see that sacrificing features such as battery life was even a consideration for them.

Their obsession with thin is ruining some of their best products because they favour form over function.

They "could" have kept using the 30 pin dock connector, made the phone slightly thicker and used the additional space for more internal battery. I know they've probably being planning to phase out the 30 pin connector for some time, lighning doesn't seem to be something they've cobbled together as a work-around but it's still annoying that systems like the Juice Pack even need to exist.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
It is also clear, millions of people agree with Apple's design criteria.

Is it? How?

If Apple sold otherwise identical phones and the thinner one sold millions of units over the thicker one with more power, then it would be clear.

But in the absence of that evidence you've just made this up.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Is it? How?

If Apple sold otherwise identical phones and the thinner one sold millions of units over the thicker one with more power, then it would be clear.

But in the absence of that evidence you've just made this up.

If they didn't agree, they would have bought a different phone or would be on here, or other online forums, complaining about battery life. You have zero evidence a thicker, heavier phone would sell.

This is all moot, because it's not going to happen, but I hope the 6 people on this forum who want a fatter, heavier phone keep complaining on MR because it's always been effective in the past. :rolleyes:

I know, there ought to be government standards for how long a phone battery should last and a government workers to test and enforce the regulations.

/end

Last edited:

htq15

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Why is everyone talking about the iphone when the article is about mophie. I'm debating whether to get one. There are a few options out there. Right now I'm torn between the mophie http://www.mophie.com and the juicebox http://www.juiceboxpower.com, at 30% off, I'm sorta leaning toward the juicebox. Can anyone out there shed some light on this matter. Thanks.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Why is everyone talking about the iphone when the article is about mophie.
See post #11 for who took the thread off course.

the juicebox http://www.juiceboxpower.com, at 30% off, I'm sorta leaning toward the juicebox. Can anyone out there shed some light on this matter. Thanks.

I went to the juicebox site and couldn't change the currency from CAD andcouldn't see any pics but the first one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.