Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylerjt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Just wondering, I've seen that only the current visualizer and "classic" visualizer are left, what happened to the other three? As well, does anyone know yet how to add third-party visualizers back? There has to be some way, iTunes must store their current visualizers somewhere...

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Just wondering, I've seen that only the current visualizer and "classic" visualizer are left, what happened to the other three? As well, does anyone know yet how to add third-party visualizers back? There has to be some way, iTunes must store their current visualizers somewhere...

I still have Stix, Lathe, and Jelly in the menu.

kylerjt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
I don't have it... Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.02.25 PM.png

And my options are greyed out...

Last edited:

kylerjt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Ok, I just figured it out. Google hid it from me the first time ;)

If you right-click, get info and select "Run In 32-bit Mode" (my computer is 64 bit) then they all show, including the third-party ones. As much as I hate having to waste some of my computing power, it's the only workaround.

Thanks for helping :)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Cool! At least this means 3rd-party plugins are supported—and 64-bit ones will likely come along, needing no workarounds.

(I was half-afraid the visualizer might be entirely gone in 11; glad it’s not.)

kylerjt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
I was afraid too! I think it actually has to do with the fact that what the Quartz Composer outputs is 32-bit, so it probably will stay 32-bit in iTunes. Now we just have to hope Apple won't phase out 32-bit compatibility!

SirYossi

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Penfield
other 64bit itunes visualizers?

Since i switched over to itunes 11 i found only two of my three 64bit visualizers are working. Jacket bundle works (rarely use it) and the Fountain Music Visualizer works but GasLight visualizer no longer works - worked under itunes 10 but not in itunes 11. There is one more in my plugins folder than i am unsure what it is "Quartz Composer" is that part of itunes or some older 3rd party app. Are there any other decent 64bit Visualizers out there - I am staying away from the 32bit ones.
My itunes Visualizer list includes
1) itunes Visualizer
2) itunes classic
3) Fountain Music
4) Jacket
5) Lathe
6) Jelly
7) Stix

Fried Chicken

Suspended
Jun 11, 2011
Anyone else having trouble playing the visualizer in full screen?
Not while the app is in full screen mode, but the visualizer in full screen?

deanh1234

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2013
How to run in 32 bit mode?

"If you right-click, get info and select "Run In 32-bit Mode" (my computer is 64 bit) then they all show, including the third-party ones. As much as I hate having to waste some of my computing power, it's the only workaround."

Where do I right-click to get this option?

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
I was afraid too! I think it actually has to do with the fact that what the Quartz Composer outputs is 32-bit, so it probably will stay 32-bit in iTunes. Now we just have to hope Apple won't phase out 32-bit compatibility!

I was wondering where these visualizers were. With a little searching I managed to find them. One thing I noticed though is that you can't use any key commands to change the visualizer while running like you used to be able to. Kinda sucks but oh well. Jelly was my favourite and now I can use it again. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.