Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
So best buy has a MacBook Air for $818.99. It is the 2012 11 inch model. Bestbuy.com has said they have had 1 available only for awhile now. Now my question is has anyone ever been able to make a better deal? Like if I said I had $650.00 cash I could buy right now would they sometimes do that? Any good stories of haggling and getting a really good deal? Thanks

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Yes there have been people that were able to negotiate with a manager - dropping it 20% is unlikely.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I know that had that 10% off open box coupon awhile ago so I was thinking maybe 20% might not be to far off if I offered cash on the spot on a item that's been there for awhile.

zObsidian

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2010
Best Buy doesn't care if you offer them cash on the spot or a credit card, makes no difference to them. It's not like you're buying stuff at a flea market.

$650 is going to be well below their cost price, $800 sounds fair.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Best Buy doesn't care if you offer them cash on the spot or a credit card, makes no difference to them. It's not like you're buying stuff at a flea market.

$650 is going to be well below their cost price, $800 sounds fair.

I know but sometimes they really want to get rid of there open box items because they are harder to sell. I've heard of some people haggling and getting very good deals.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
nothing wrong with going to best buy and asking if they would haggle down the price to something you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.