Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I have just bought GTA: San Andreas for Mac via the app store.

Is it possible, whether via Rockstar or tweak, to play the game in a Window rather than full screen?

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Try Cmd+Enter (aka Cmd+Return)

You sir, are a legend. Thank you.

However as a consequence of this success, I'm trying to work out how to:

1. Leave the screen without having to Cmd+M (minimise) e.g. like a VMWare Workstation style Alt+Ctrl to remove focus
  2. There also appears to be a blue tint to the screen when the San Andres window is in focus - any ideas what this is?

masterofbuckets

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
You sir, are a legend. Thank you.

However as a consequence of this success, I'm trying to work out how to:

1. Leave the screen without having to Cmd+M (minimise) e.g. like a VMWare Workstation style Alt+Ctrl to remove focus
  2. There also appears to be a blue tint to the screen when the San Andres window is in focus - any ideas what this is?

1. Not sure what do you mean exactly by 'leave the screen'. If you have Spaces (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1624) enabled that should take care of any switching needs.

2. That sounds like related to OS X gamma setting. Some applications ( usually games ) enforce their own color profile even when running in windowed mode. I might be wrong here but thats what it seems like.

callum1500

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012

1. Not sure what do you mean exactly by 'leave the screen'. If you have Spaces (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1624) enabled that should take care of any switching needs.

2. That sounds like related to OS X gamma setting. Some applications ( usually games ) enforce their own color profile even when running in windowed mode. I might be wrong here but thats what it seems like.

I think what he means by "leave the screen" is get the cursor out of the window containing the game, I also have the same problem but it easier to get around it by pressing CMD+TAB, hold CMD, tap TAB for desired application, then release CMD. Hope this helps you.

Callum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.