Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Yeah I noticed that, thanks for pointing out.
But, my real point was,
is this piece of flat wire capable to transfer 6Gbit/s or it is 3Gbit/s

yes it will do 6Gbit/s

It's capable of transferring electricity. Whether those electric signals are SATA-II or SATA-III depends on the drive and the chipset.

Thank you for a more detailed answer.

Last edited:

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I bought one and installed it in my mac mini. It can be quite a pain to remove the IR sensor. I broke it and thought my mac mini was gone as i did not know i broke the IR sensor at point in time. I thought i had to get a refurbished set to replace my 'damaged' mac mini.

I looked around the forum and found out it's a common issue with people trying to install a ssd because the IR sensor cable is very fragile. You're suppose to lift it from under the wires and not under the socket which i did.

Anyway, i installed the ssd with the data doubler and the mac mini fired up just fine. Only problem is i don't get the white light at the front of the mac mini to tell you that the mac mini is turned on. A blessing in disguise as i tend to leave the mac mini on overnight and the light can be quite distracting in a darken room when i'm sleeping.

Hi sir, thanks for that feedback! Actually quite handy - especially as nobody would know about the hidden sleep light until they actually did it themselves! Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.