Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdb420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2013
I've been suffering from the bug which the machine was constantly waking up by itself when I enabled "Wake for network access". The console showed the event was triggered from Ethernet but no wakeup command was sent during the sleeping period, this issue existed since 10.8.2 and every beta of 10.8.3 never resolve this. I really want to sleep the machine and wake it up remotely ONLY when I do so. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Mac's never cease to have sleep issues, many Mac owners have problems waking from sleep in 10.8.2.
I set it to never sleep and put it to sleep manually, no problem after this.

gdb420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2013
Mac's never cease to have sleep issues, many Mac owners have problems waking from sleep in 10.8.2.
I set it to never sleep and put it to sleep manually, no problem after this.

I also set to never sleep and I put it to sleep manually as well, but I want to wake the machine remotely and once I enabled wake for network access it just wakes up randomly

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I also set to never sleep and I put it to sleep manually as well, but I want to wake the machine remotely and once I enabled wake for network access it just wakes up randomly

Yeah, I agree, it's a pain in the behind, Some things Apple just can't get right can they, like sleep issues and Wifi problems.
Hope after 4 months 10.8.3 will have huge improvement, right now there's just too many bugs.
For instance, if I drag a file from the desktop to the HD the window is behind another programs Window, can't drop, or the vanishing Menu Bar or remote disks not mounting and so on.

Edit: We might get lucky soon.(Just read this now)

Apple Seeds Build 12D76 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

Update: We've heard that Apple has seeded this version of OS X 10.8.3 to employees, suggesting that it is the final version of the software and is likely to be released to the public in the very near future.

gdb420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2013
Either the 10.8.3(12D76) update or closing iTunes method solved my problem since I took these 2 steps together but finally the machine didn't wake up when it wasn't suppose to, even wake for network access is enabled, thank you guys:D

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I've been suffering from the bug which the machine was constantly waking up by itself when I enabled "Wake for network access". The console showed the event was triggered from Ethernet but no wakeup command was sent during the sleeping period, this issue existed since 10.8.2 and every beta of 10.8.3 never resolve this. I really want to sleep the machine and wake it up remotely ONLY when I do so. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks.

The only sure fire fix at the moment is to prevent your Mac from hibernating...I've done it on 3 Macs and it's fixed all of them including my own which was waking randomly and was slow to re-connect to wifi. Apple are aware of the big and lets hope they do fix it with the new release. Until then:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1529750/

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Yeah, I agree, it's a pain in the behind, Some things Apple just can't get right can they, like sleep issues and Wifi problems.
I've had wifi issues since 10.7. All our MacBooks will lose connection sometimes and just crap out (never at the same time). All other devices in the house will still work, just not the macs until I power down/up the router.

No rhyme or reason to it - happens about twice a month. None of the "fixes" I've tried over the months work. It's nothing to warrant a tantrum though. I've just learned to live with it and now just sit next to the router.

I've basically just given up and don't even expect improvement coming via any updates or new releases. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.