Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Any recommendations for note typing apps that are especially good on the Mini? How's Pages on the small screen?

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Any recommendations for note typing apps that are especially good on the Mini? How's Pages on the small screen?

If you can to use a stylus or your finger to get handwritten notes: Penultimate

Otherwise for typing purposes: Evernote
Once you get used to Evernote it work very well and automatically syncs throughout your devices.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Evernote captures notes, pic, videos, handwriting, web clips & just about anything. Thus it's more complex and can be too much for those who are mainly interested in taking notes or creating reports that are synced and quickly accessible across devices. It's free.

Simplenote is a Stellar text based note taking App. Syncs just like Evernote, works across devices & platforms. It's fast & free.

I have reasons to use them both. They are my essentials.

nudoru

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2012
Near Charlotte NC
I just got a mini over the week end and i'm trying to solve this as well. i've been taking notes on my MBP but and trying to replace the note book that i carry around in meetings.

i use evernote is my ultimate destination for everything. but i don't really like typing into it for some reason :/ i prefer to copy/paste or send to from other apps.

for long form notes, research, etc. i strongly prefer text. i've been formatting using markdown in IA Writer on the desktop. IA Write on the ipad isn't as easy to use as Drafts - mostly because drafts has the markdown codes on a quick access bar above the keyboard. this makes it a lot quicker. paired with a bluetooth keyboard this is really slick.

but to replace a notebook you have to manage handwriting, right? i used UPad yesterday and really liked it. just discovered GoodPad and i prefer it's "zoombox advance" feature better - seems less cumbersome in practice.

benlinus121

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
I primarily use the zoom handwriting mode on notability, I have never been too fond of any of the handwritten note apps that don't have this feature. It is the only way I can write neatly, and it works quite well, otherwise I wouldn't even consider the mini for note taking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.