Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Photoshopper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Idaho
I have a Vimeo account. I have video posted on Vimeo. Now, when I try to log in, they tell me to enter a valid email address. I have a valid email address, the one I used to register with Vimeo. Guess I'll have to contact Support-- just enter your email address-- no, wait, that's not a valid email address. Guess I'll have to call them-- no, wait, there's no phone # listed.
Gee, I guess I could start a new account with a new email address and maybe I could get lucky and contact support.

Why would I bother?!!

What a colossal time suck...

:mad:

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Don't mean to be a bore but I doubt that they just deleted your email address from their system.

Have you tried emailing them with your username and seeing if they could send you an email or check what the email associated with the account is?

Are you sure you didn't initially log in with facebook and therefore not use the email you original thought you had?

TheKnifeFight

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2008
Socal
I have a Vimeo account. I have video posted on Vimeo. Now, when I try to log in, they tell me to enter a valid email address. I have a valid email address, the one I used to register with Vimeo. Guess I'll have to contact Support-- just enter your email address-- no, wait, that's not a valid email address. Guess I'll have to call them-- no, wait, there's no phone # listed.
Gee, I guess I could start a new account with a new email address and maybe I could get lucky and contact support.

Why would I bother?!!

What a colossal time suck...

:mad:

Are you sure you're not attempting to re-register. The log in link is at the very top towards middle right.

And no, Vimeo doesn't suck at all.

Photoshopper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Idaho
Don't mean to be a bore but I doubt that they just deleted your email address from their system.
Have you tried emailing them with your username and seeing if they could send you an email or check what the email associated with the account is?

Do you think I didn't try that? Response: "Enter a valid email address"

Are you sure you didn't initially log in with facebook and therefore not use the email you original thought you had?

Quite sure, I assure you.

Are you sure you're not attempting to re-register. The log in link is at the very top towards middle right.

Yes, I'm able to find a log-in field, and have been able to do so for quite a few years now.

And no, Vimeo doesn't suck at all.

I didn't think so either, until now. Sorry for the sarcasm, and thanks for your help, but the Mod can delete this thread, AFAIC.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Do you think I didn't try that? Response: "Enter a valid email address"

I see what you mean about not being able to contact them without being logged in. If you have a twitter account I would try tweeting them as that's the only other form of contact possible it seems.

Lebowski

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
if by "sucks" you mean "is full of much more original, creative, interesting content that is not just a ton of parodies, reaction videos or corporate sponsored garbage..." then, yes. its sucks.

youtube has sucked for a long time now.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
What is wrong with YouTube?.
If it works once it does not mean it is broken.

Well with vimeo you have better compression, a more intellectual, creative and engaged audience, no ads on videos, no audio blocking, Less 'trash' videos due to a limit on how much you can upload in a week.

Also for me, better customer service when you actually manage to log in!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
After not having logged into Vimeo for months, I logged in on the first attempt prior to posting this reply.

USAntigoon

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Rochester Hills, MI
I have a Vimeo Plus account and barely experience an issue.. All runs smooth for me...No in player ads.. The only complaint I have is with the play back buffer speed.. Once in a while its very slow and freezes the play back...However, they are working on their servers and I didn't experience any issue for the last few weeks...way better that You Tube and DailyMotion..

neier

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2003
Japan
my first vimeo experience

I registered for an account over the weekend. When I put in my @mac.com mail address, Vimeo's web page helpfully suggested that perhaps I'd made a typo and intended to type "@msn.com" :eek: Um, no.

The reason I registered was that the Vimeo search on ATV is completely broken, and I realized I could search from the web interface, mark as a favorite, and then have it show up on the ATV once it was logged in.

Macrovertigo

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
Vermont/España/etc.
vimeo is great for me

I have a youtube account because everyone has, but I have a vimeo plus account because it is so much easier to use - my recent 3 minute video was uploaded and visible on the net in twenty minutes using vimeo plus. (as a comparison, a client of mine uses vimeo basic and the same video uploaded there takes nearly two hours to upload and finish processing, depending on the queue that day).
The other thing that I like is that I can replace a video in vimeo without losing data or changing the url to the piece - even in a basic account.
For the record, I have to admit that more than once I have tried logging in through the register button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.