Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Ah

Some people are more sensitive to RF than others.

I know when I stand under a cell tower for more than a minute or two I kind of get a weird headachey feeling so I don't do it very often.

Especially a cell tower with 2 or 3 carriers with their own antenna farms up on the tower.

Taramundo

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2013
For those of you saying the tingling is coming from lack of blood supply due to phone elevation or holding it too long are out of your minds! Obviously you haven't experienced it. As soon as I pick up my phone and place my pinkies at the bottom my fingers start to get a tingling/burning sensation and my fingers remain numb for about 10 min after I put it down.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
For those of you saying the tingling is coming from lack of blood supply due to phone elevation or holding it too long are out of your minds! Obviously you haven't experienced it. As soon as I pick up my phone and place my pinkies at the bottom my fingers start to get a tingling/burning sensation and my fingers remain numb for about 10 min after I put it down.

You have a blood clot in your arm. See your doctor. You could have a massive stroke any minute.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Either stop using a mobile phone or get one of these.
moshi_moshi_handset_iphone.jpg

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I'd go to the nearest nuclear power plant, and begin the negative ion degaussing process.

If there's no plant nearby, simply smash your finger with hammer.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
If you feel a tingling in your fingers, you should make an appointment with a neurologist. You can feel a tingling sensation (either constantly or in response to touch) when nerve signals to the brain are partially blocked by a pinched nerve.

This sensation is called "numbness", or "paresthesia":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbness

A neurologist can do an electrical study and find out where the nerve signals are being blocked.

It is probably some physical habit or activity that you are unaware of. And, thus, as others have suggested, it could well have to do with how you are holding your phone, for how long, etc. (Or something completely different.)
In my case, I was leaning my elbow on my desk.

$900 to find out that I was leaning my elbow on my desk, doh!

Lauries

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2018
I actually thought that I felt a mild tingling yesterday when I was touching the metal band, I thought I was just imagining things, possibly not if other people are experiencing it too...
I have the same tingling, i have been told by an electrician and a doctor to dump this stupid phone and go back to my old one this is not good for you ! I have a i phone 7 only because my old one died, im getting away from this thing , my arms and hands can't handle this any more, my old i phone didn't do this to me, ignore the uneducated snide remArks, your health is much more valuable than these idiots that have no life other than to get on these sites and scope out others issues and try to demean. If they don't have these problems then why are they even on here, looking this information up, i mean really?... I am experiencing this , its very real and dangerous, listen to your body's warning
[doublepost=1535484194][/doublepost]
Listen to your body's warning, i am getting another phone I can't handle this feeling any more in my hands and arms! A doc told me to dump this i phone 7. ! I only had it a month,
[doublepost=1535484332][/doublepost]
Yep I have experienced the same issue. It does not occur on the Iphone 3 or 3GS, but I do feel it on the iPhone 4.
I have i phone 7 can't deal with this tingling any more! Dumping this only had it a month cant return it, don't care shutting it down going back to old phone

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Please read the date of the most recent post before you decide to drag up a zombie thread.

(HINT: This one's latest response prior to yours was more than 5 years ago.)

Last edited:

Lauries

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2018
Hey all,

Anyone one else experience this? Using the phone for like 20mins. My thumb and fingers touching the metal band. My finger are felling some what tingling. I can kinda feel the phone broadcasting.

The phone is great for everything else. But is this a concern? Direct contact with the antenna which is broadcasting EM energy at high frequencies. Conducted straight into the fingers.

It might not be a lot of energy but your DNA/cell components are not very big and I bet compared to energy vs size the power is pretty decent.

Before people say other phones are like this. You don't directly touch the metal antenna. Old cell phones were covered in plastic. And EM energy dissipates exponentially with distance.

I just left the retail store i bought my i phone 7 at, its rose gold , the rep showed me the white trim that wraps around the top and bottom of the phone, it is the external antenna he said. Its a new and improved feature to get better service etc... Very strong wave/ currant for better service!!! It's not even necessarily where you place your hand to hold the phone to touch it with the flesh but its so strong it was still affecting my hands and arms! Everyones body is different and you may or may not notice this problem of pins and needles or tingling yet, but it must be doing some damage that will be noticed by you body sooner or later in some aspect! Even got headaches! Beware of these features and do your research educate yourself and friends!
[doublepost=1535498221][/doublepost]
I think people who deny the facts need tinfoil hats, so what are the facts?

1. the phone broadcasts energy waves (100% true)
2. the antena is metal and in contact with your skin (100% true)
3. the human body conducts (100% true)

so why are they crazy for thinking that the amount of radiation can have a negative effect? sounds like your the ones not making any sense.

Infact there is an antena thread that talks about the SAR radiation tests for the FCC being done without hand contact on the phone, well I dont know about you but how do you hold a phone without using your hand?

I just left the store I purchased my rose gold i phone from, clerk showed me a white strip at top and bottom of i phone 7 ,this is external antenna, I didn't even have to be touching it with my flesh , the current/waves coming from it were so strong causing pins and needles Tingling in my hands and arms, even getting head aches! Educate yourself and friends. These new improvements for better service reception are not good for your health! I didn't charge it in my room at night. i am switching phones, I can't take that feeling any more!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I just left the retail store i bought my i phone 7 at, its rose gold , the rep showed me the white trim that wraps around the top and bottom of the phone, it is the external antenna he said. Its a new and improved feature to get better service etc... Very strong wave/ currant for better service!!! It's not even necessarily where you place your hand to hold the phone to touch it with the flesh but its so strong it was still affecting my hands and arms! Everyones body is different and you may or may not notice this problem of pins and needles or tingling yet, but it must be doing some damage that will be noticed by you body sooner or later in some aspect! Even got headaches! Beware of these features and do your research educate yourself and friends!
[doublepost=1535498221][/doublepost]

I just left the store I purchased my rose gold i phone from, clerk showed me a white strip at top and bottom of i phone 7 ,this is external antenna, I didn't even have to be touching it with my flesh , the current/waves coming from it were so strong causing pins and needles Tingling in my hands and arms, even getting head aches! Educate yourself and friends. These new improvements for better service reception are not good for your health! I didn't charge it in my room at night. i am switching phones, I can't take that feeling any more!
The post your replying to is 8 years old and the poster hasn’t been on this forum for 8 years. Sounds like you need to see a doctor to diagnose your condition as it’s highly improbable the phone is causing what your describing..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.