Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
They, the US, didn't stamp my passport once on my last trip (neither exit or re-entry). I thought it was odd haha

The US would never stamp anyone's passport on exit. We don't have exit passport controls unlike several other countries (most of the EU comes to mind).

Which, given this country's paranoia about immigration, is rather surprising. You'd think the La Migra would want to know as soon as someone goes a minute beyond the length of time their visa allows them to stay. But I'm glad we don't do exit controls.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Just got a new passport about a year ago, so I only have 1 stamp for Japan and 1 for Canada.

My previous passport had 3 stamps for Korea, and 3 for Japan and 1 for Canada (courtesy stamp).

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
If you travel that much you should get Global Entry - no more US entry stamps.

I have considered it. I travel a few times a year. I also lost an entire page for my Chinese Visa and another whole page for my Russian Visa. Over 10 years the space goes away :(

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
US
Greece
Germany
Netherlands
UK
Spain
France
Portugal
Cyprus
Italy
Finland
Denmark
C. Republic
Sweden
Ireland
Austria

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
I feel I'm doing well as an American. The countries I've visited are: Mexico, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, The Philippines, South Korea, and Japan. All of them more than once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.