Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmerrrrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Well, I'm planning on trying to decide whether or not to wait to buy the MBA now or the new model that's projected to come out sometime in June. I really don't see the need for the new one, since the only changes are internal, and it's only supposed to be 20-40% faster. Speed isn't really that big of a deal, since I'm only going to be using this for college.

My biggest question is, based on previous years, how much would you expect the price of the current MBA (the one I would buy this weekend) to drop and when pending the releasing of the MBA in June?

Many thanks

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Well, I'm planning on trying to decide whether or not to wait to buy the MBA now or the new model that's projected to come out sometime in June. I really don't see the need for the new one, since the only changes are internal, and it's only supposed to be 20-40% faster. Speed isn't really that big of a deal, since I'm only going to be using this for college.

My biggest question is, based on previous years, how much would you expect the price of the current MBA (the one I would buy this weekend) to drop and when pending the releasing of the MBA in June?

Many thanks

I don't think it would drop.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Last year, between a refurb 2011 and a 2012 11" same memory/storage, was exactly $100.

gmerrrrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Last year, between a refurb 2011 and a 2012 11" same memory/storage, was exactly $100.

I actually just talked to an apple rep online and they said I'd have to wait for the current model to be moved to the refurb site before I could buy it with a discounted price.

Any idea how long it takes before it would get to the refurb site?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Refurbs of course depends how many returns they are getting.

Last year, the 2012 MBA was available in June, and middle Sept if I recall correctly was when 2012 refurb was seen on the Apple's site. I bought my 2011 refurb in Aug.

gmerrrrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Refurbs of course depends how many returns they are getting.

Last year, the 2012 MBA was available in June, and middle Sept if I recall correctly was when 2012 refurb was seen on the Apple's site. I bought my 2011 refurb in Aug.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

konicky

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Well, I'm planning on trying to decide whether or not to wait to buy the MBA now or the new model that's projected to come out sometime in June. I really don't see the need for the new one, since the only changes are internal, and it's only supposed to be 20-40% faster Speed isn't really that big of a deal, since I'm only going to be using this for college.

Many thanks

Has there been an announcement that I missed or is this just speculation based on rumours?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The current models are already on the refurb site for a pretty decent discount:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air

The exact model I was looking at back in 9/12 was $929, now down to $849.

I suppose the longer u wait, the cheaper is gets, but really no fire-sale, so buy what u can afford before the hardware gets obsolete.

----------

Has there been an announcement that I missed or is this just speculation based on rumours?

Has Apple EVER pre-announce what they gonna sell?

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
The general rule: if you're asking, wait for Haswell.

It's not just performance - battery life will get a boost as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.