Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Try asking at ipadforums.net, very helpful people and a LOT less snarky. YMMV.

I generally agree that forum responses can get sarcastic and condescending. But I think what people on this thread are trying to do is point out the absolute trivial nature of the question. It absolutely does not matter 1 bit in any way shape or form what color iPad one chooses...for business, for kids, for medical use, for grandparents, for a gift, for anything!

Several people, myself included, have given the opinion that the color is a complete personal choice and will not affect the business success, opportunities, advancement, etc. in a career.

I can't believe I am participating in this thread...back to more important things like determining whether I should buy blue or white Kleenex when I go to the store this afternoon.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I'm a partner at a medium CPA firm. No one cares about the color of your personal devices. But try to remember that's what they are...personal. It's frowned upon for you to try to use them in a way that puts client or firm info on them.

In other words, don't worry about the color so much. Worry about if you should even be showing up with one. Let the firm provide your toys.

Don't be in a rush to try to implement tech into your job at first. They have an IT person that worries about that, not first hires. Worry about your job. Try to keep work at work.

i havent entered the real business world yet but i appreciate your input from your experience! looks like iil just pick the one that looks most interesting to me and that'l be the white ipad mini.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
The color is the most important thing in buying an iPad. If you buy the wrong color, you will lose all your friends, and, without doubt, lose you job. The wrong choice is a sign of total incompetance. How well you do your job means nothing. Your ability to perform the tasks assigned to you mean nothing. All that matters is the color of your iPad.

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to tell you the RIGHT color, but you better not make the wrong choice!

So take care...color is all...:eek:

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
White or black both look professional to me. Now if you we're talking the same colors as the new iPod touches, then I would agree that they are not professional looking.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

Wow! You are comparing a white painted door to a white Apple product. The colour IS UNDER THE GLASS! It does not turn yellow....check the forums here. You are a wind up merchant for sure! White MacBooks may have discoloured over time but the manufacturing in iOS devices is totally different.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
The color is the most important thing in buying an iPad. If you buy the wrong color, you will lose all your friends, and, without doubt, lose you job. The wrong choice is a sign of total incompetance. How well you do your job means nothing. You ability to perform the tasks assigned to you mean nothing. All that matters is the color of your iPad.

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to tell you the RIGHT color, but you better not make the wrong choice!

So take care...color is all...:eek:

:rolleyes:

i wasnt asking if it was the right color, merely asking for opinion.

:mad:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Thread on this forum is getting funnier and funnier each day, its like there is really nothing to ask about Ipad.

So this dude is worry about which Ipad color he should buy to use in the business school!!! I say you focus more on the content of your study and i bet people wouldnt even give a dang what color your folder is.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
i wasnt asking if it was the right color, merely asking for opinion.

But you did ask:
im in school for business and such and i was wondering if the white ipad mini would look right in that enviroment

So how is that not asking if white was the right color (for business)?

I think, in general, white does tend to be more eye-catching, and if you are wearing dark business suit and carrying all dark accessories, then a single white item might stand out and look out of place. However, it's just a single item, and if you are acting very bussiness-like and professional, then nobody will pay any attention to it. If Tim Cook walks into a room nobody is going to care if he has a white or black iPad, they are going to be just looking at him. So just get whichever color appeals to you more, and then forget about it.

RieRie

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
Does the OP plan on using a case or cover of some type? There are plenty of covers and cases available that would make either color of mini look professional.

STVA

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2013
I work for a Fortune 500 company with a pretty formal environment. We were actually just issued white Minis by the company with black covers. I'd say that this is professional enough. :)

LightOnAHill

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I went white on my mini and my iPhone so it would match my Mac air, and my white shirt, in court.

If my ipad were lime green, it would still be professional how I use it. When I'm using it to read my notes for an argument in a hearing, the mini seems very professional. I can find stuff on it faster than the opposing counsel can in their paper files.

I think white is more what I want so I got it. Easy enough.....

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Go black. If you're wearing a black suit, it compliments the suit, and isn't flashy like with white. You don't want to appear unfashionable do you? Business is all about fashion, except in the fashion industry, where its all about brains.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
I have the black iphone 5, i was originally gonna go for black to match but , to me the white iphone 5 doesnt appeal, but the white ipad mini looks really sharp to me.

im in school for business and such and i was wondering if the white ipad mini would look right in that enviroment

generally when u think business, i think black for some reason.

I'm sorry but you must be joking here! If you study business and want to be professional (or look - either way) and you can't simply decide on a colour of a device then I do not want to see what kind of a business man you will end up being. For crying out loud, how do you wanna run a company if you can't do such a small decision as what colour for the ipad.

Black & White are the most neutral colours. They are each at the end of the colour spectrum. You can't go wrong with either yet you "waste" your time here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
An iPad's color doesn't have bearing on anything in the business world. None whatsoever. Pick what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.