Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
So, I know that using an icloud backup for a major release doesn't work when downgrading, but what about minor releases? I have upgraded my phone to 6.1.3, and accidentally forgot to disable icloud backup afterwards. If I restore back to 6.1.2, and try to restore settings via icloud, will it work?

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
So, I know that using an icloud backup for a major release doesn't work when downgrading, but what about minor releases? I have upgraded my phone to 6.1.3, and accidentally forgot to disable icloud backup afterwards. If I restore back to 6.1.2, and try to restore settings via icloud, will it work?

no it won't

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
no need to wipe it...i downloaded 6.1.2, did an option-upgrade in itunes, and "upgraded" to 6.1.2 without losing any settings. Seems to have worked fine.

Hopefully my alarm clock will start working like normal now! :)

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
So what if I do a restore from iTunes after downgrading from iOS 6.1.3 beta to iOS 6.1.2

you cant use your backup from a newer firmware to a older one even if its a beta. thats why they tell you not to use your everyday device as your beta testing device.

but i use my everyday device since i stick with the betas till GM.

you can restore and you'll be in iOS 6.1.2 but you wont be able to use your icloud backup until iOS 6.1.3 is released publicly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.