Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
So I know how to get photos off my iPhone but how in the heck do I get a video off??

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
So I know how to get photos off my iPhone but how in the heck do I get a video off??

for both I use Photosync. Excellent app.

icon_72_reflection.png

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
I'm not against using apps, but there's not a way to do it without using a 3rd party app?

Thanks

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
I'm not against using apps, but there's not a way to do it without using a 3rd party app?

I'm sure you can sync it and do it, but honestly, just being able to wireless and very quickly transfer pics and vids back and forth or to other devices, even drag and drop is so much easier.

Good luck. I've been using the above for so long, it's all I know any longer.

WildGuess

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010

Thanks
An inexpensive app can do a lot. I take a video on my iPhone and send it to my iPad. Painless. And can send it to computer, iPod. PhotoSync.

Shoot, see it's already been suggested....

Last edited:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
You didn't mention Mac or PC, so I'll mention in Windows the iPhone when plugged in is available via Windows Explorer and you can copy and past the videos.

ctaylor000

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2013
Get Photosync

Just a thanks for the pointer to PhotoSync; my iPhone 4S's dock is damaged juuuust enough for it not to be recognized when I plug in via USB cable to my Macbook (though plugging it in to the wall charger still works)...I was stuck with a bunch of videos on my phone that I couldn't figure out how to get off. For $1.99, Photosync was a great value that worked like a charm, I transferred them all off wirelessly in a snap.

estockme

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
a cheap app like video camera+ will let you copy out from itunes and shoot in 720 so it doesn't take up a gigabyte every few minutes

austythegnome

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
Denver, CO
Well that was easy

You didn't mention Mac or PC, so I'll mention in Windows the iPhone when plugged in is available via Windows Explorer and you can copy and past the videos.

Wow! Thanks that was easy though I am a little bummed I couldn't figure out that out and got frustrated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.