Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VinceC

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
I would like to be a user of Numbers on IOS, but Apple prevents me.

I have always had my home recurring household bills in Numbers on my Mac and wanted to view them on my iPhone and on my wife's iPad. Sadly after several months of talking to Apple about not being able to view the accounts created on my Mac, stored in iCloud, I am no nearer and they seem to have lost enthusiasm in sorting out the problems.

The first fix I had from them was to completely re-install the IOS on my phone without the Numbers app from my backup and then re-downlaod a new copy (the same version) and run that. This took 8 weeks to sort out, but although it could now see files created on the iPhone, it would not see files created on my Mac. So, back to the Mac where I noticed that the 2 files I had created in iCloud were there, but both had "waiting" sat next to them. I could download the files to my Mac and re-save them, but still they are "waiting".

I contacted Apple again with the problem about 3 weeks ago and gave them a screen shot, but to date no reply. I was excited when I saw this update BUT STILL NO FIX

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
What I want is 1:1 compatibility between the iOS versions and OSX versions. And also for iWork to become the first cross platform universal app that works on iOS and OSX for the same price (purchase gets you both packages)

bristleworm

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Germany
Serious Bug!

Hi.

Fyi the new version of Numbers just deleted a file completely on its own on my system! I already filed a bug report with apple and will keep you posted.
Anyone experiencing similar problems?

ricosuave

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
In front of my mac
Even though this is about iOS, there are two key things missing from iWork in OS X.

1. When you open a spreadsheet that contains a form from iOS. The OS X version deletes it.

2. In Pages, when you try to create a letter using mail merge from a spreadsheet, the iCloud documents do not appear on the open command.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
What I want is 1:1 compatibility between the iOS versions and OSX versions. And also for iWork to become the first cross platform universal app that works on iOS and OSX for the same price (purchase gets you both packages)

Don't see how this is ever going to happen, especially considering the vast differences in presentation between the iOS and Mac versions. Also, the very fact that you cannot add fonts to iOS makes complete compatibility essentially impossible. Apple would have to change that iOS restriction first.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I'm in exactly the same boat!
An incredible number of lesson presentations done in keynote and not any means of searching through them. Folders can only help so much!

That's my problem as well. I save all my teaching lessons in Pages. Folders only help so much.

It seems crazy that cheap .99 cent apps like simple note has a search feature and $ 9.99 Pages does not.

----------

Does Spotlight not work?

Spotlight does not search within Pages. :-/

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Not sure I see that. The iOS version was way behind the Mac version in development. The Mac version is mature as it stands. I wouldn't want to see changes just to make new versions.

Keynote is falling well behind PowerPoint in terms of features, IMHO. I still use it as creating slides is more intuitive but I am green with envy at the presentation aspects of PowerPoint.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Keynote is falling well behind PowerPoint in terms of features, IMHO. I still use it as creating slides is more intuitive but I am green with envy at the presentation aspects of PowerPoint.

Such as? Most of the PowerPoint presentations I see suck eggs.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
iWork updated fast for me. Are they using some sort of "delta upgrade" for apps now? I practically had to re download the entire file the last time I updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.