Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I know a guy who rocks a first-generation iPad. It seems to be working fine to me. I imagine the battery capacity decreased slightly, because after a few hundred charge cycles, the battery capacity drops by 20%, according to Apple.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Have an ipad 3 got it for my birthday last year so its only about 6 months old. Hope to have mine at least 2-3 years.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
got an ipad 3 around mayish last year.. can't believe it's almost a year and an iPad 5 will be released soon (according to rumors)

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
Still have my launch week original iPad in good condition. New iOS versions have significantly slowed it down, but its what is to be expected.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
I have had every iPad released on there launch. I keep them for a year then sell on the next iPad announcement. I bought the iPad 3 on launch than got my iPad 4 in febuary so not on launch bit very close. I will be buying the iPad 5 on launch also.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I have the 1st gen AT&T 3G iPad. Been using it since Dec 2010. Works perfectly fine. I want a mini though as I don't use AT&T 3G, 2GB just isn't enough.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
whenever ipad mini with retina comes out I"ll upgrade my iPad 1.

It still works great but I want to be more productive with it so I need a faster device.

phrk

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
Germany
I still use a 1st generation iPad which is almost 3 years old now. I can't really feel any battery decrease, but that is just my personal perception. It still works very well for reading, watching videos and light browsing the web.
It is pretty slow sometimes and apps close on their own. Browsing the web with more than one tab is annoying, because it has to reload the inactive tabs over and over again. Also with bigger PDF files it seems to crash a lot.
But it still serves me well enough at the moment. Maybe the iPad 5 wil convince me to buy a new one.

Moria

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm still rocking the first gen iPad. Think it must be around November 2010 I got it?

I don't really use it all that often apart from Spotify when I have friends round and then movies if I'm travelling. It's really slow for anything else. I don't feel the need to browse the web on it, more than happy using my iPhone for that.

nebrot

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
北京 (Beijing)
iPad mini since early February, am very happy for now. Upgrade only if the next gen. does not get heavier & thicker and gives value. (which is screen & processor)

mapledress

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Just get an iPad mini duing the Christmas holiday. Really like its design and performance. AND I believe the device will have a long life, at least two years. :)

----------

2 years. will be waiting for the 5.

I am one who are waiting for the iPad 5 too. So does the iPad mini 2. :p
I will pick one from them as a gift for my girlfriend. She likes device in thinner design, but also hope it can come with Retina display.
Hope the iPad Mini 2 will features a Retina display.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I have an iPad 2 I got on launch day. My wife uses it, and it works great. the battery lasts a little less, but not by much. She drains the battery most days with how much it is used.

Then I had a iPad 3 I bought on launch day. Just sold it last week, and it was working perfectly. The battery had no problems at all. I'm just waiting for the mini to show up on the referb store, or hopefully an announcement for a new iPad5!

Hail Caesar

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
iPad 2 at launch, havent really had a reason to upgrade it yet. It works great and is just as fast and smooth as the day we got. Maybe in the next couple cycles we will upgrade from it, and hand this one down to someone.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
After the next retina ipad mini I'm not going to update for another few years

But I say that every time

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
I have an iPad 2 3G 64GB that is 18 months old. It has a few deep scratches, a couple of dented corners, the microphone doesn't work and the wifi reception is weak. Still, it is the best device I've ever owned.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Have a one year old iPad 3. I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon unless there's some killer new features that won't be supported on the 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.