Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netsurfa9

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I feel the same I have just updated from snow leopard to ML now the mac mini will not shut down properly. But instead of pulling out the HDMI from the Samsung tv, I find that if I hit the shut down button from the side bar, them put the tv on stand by and wait the 1 minute to shut down it will not start up again.
I have sent lots of reports to Apple but no fix seems to on the way.

BigBadDavid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
I've read elsewhere that someone solved the problem by changing from HDMI to VGA...I'm going to give this a go and see what happens.

BigBadDavid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
I've read elsewhere that someone solved the problem by changing from HDMI to VGA...I'm going to give this a go and see what happens.

Unfortunately my Mac Mini doesn't support the native resolution of my TV which makes the picture quality horrible, so I can't confirm whether this solves the problem. I will now go back to hoping that future updates from Apple address this issue...

wnorris

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008

For those still having this problem the 10.8.3 update appears to have fixed this issue for me.

BigBadDavid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Has anyone tried the public version of 10.7.3? I'd be very interested to hear if this does in fact resolve this issue...

BigBadDavid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Has anyone tried the public version of 10.7.3? I'd be very interested to hear if this does in fact resolve this issue...

I meant 10.8.3 of course...
I can also confirm the issue is solved with this version of ML. Happy days!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.