Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Wasn't convinced before and certainly not convince now.

They only solved it amicably when they felt it was damaging their image. What would have happened if you did not post here, only told your friends about this? You'd be out a computer because SquareTrade chose to return your policy instead of paying out.

Can you imagine your car or home insurance company deciding to return your premiums instead of paying out a total?

SquareTrade has had 51 warranty complaints against them from BBB and the last few were almost every week. Like you said they only fixed it because of the post to make themselves look good. any average joe would have got screwed. I wont deal with them. why risk it. you think you have insurance and your ok then they say oh gee sorry here is your policy payment.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Still report them to the BBB.

The fact that they refused, then refunded your premium, and THEN reverted their decision shows that their first decision was fraudulent. What if you had have been an old lady, as opposed to someone who posts on forums.

And since you're reading this - SquareTrade - shame on you.

clicck

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
This post has left a bad taste in my mouth. i will not be dealing with Square Trade ever. Even though they made it right they still obviously tried to get out of paying on a claim and Im not dealing with that. I am going with Worth Ave Group.

http://www.worthavegroup.com/

they have decent prices too.

I would NOT recommend worthavegroup. I'm in a middle of a claim with them and they have been a nightmare. Stay away.

OnlyGerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah I understand all the concerns, it can be risky either way. I did file a BBB complaint shorty after I was declined and they responded with a similar answer as stated before. Was not untill my post that made a difference.

----------

I would NOT recommend worthavegroup. I'm in a middle of a claim with them and they have been a nightmare. Stay away.
Yeah they seem to good to be true haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.