Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masvil

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
What happens when you stop paying?
In that case you cannot use Premium App anymore. Basically you cannot sync your local iPhone pw archive with other PC/Mac/devices through LP server, even if you can still use last local cached archive.

No, you don't HAVE to pay - just use the self-made in safari bookmarklets or mobile version (m.lastpass.com)
Sure, but:
1. you cannot access your passwords if you are offline;
2. safari bookmarklets (if I know what you mean) are not safetly stored because not encrypted;
3. you lose useful app features like internal browser.

Last edited:

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
I use SafeWallet, mostly because that was the first app that I found that had the functions I needed and worked on all my platforms (iOS, Android and Windows). I have it on an iPhone, an Android phone and my computers and sync them across them all through Dropbox.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Wanted to add that i chose datavalut because i wanted something that was not cloud based so i could access it while at work (no wifi or cell signal). Datavault lets you sync with iCloud or dropbox (or just backup on your mac).

Very happy with it so far, i have had restore my phone several times and i alsways get all of my datavault data back.

Jay38

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
SplashID Safe is also great. It securely manages even non-password confidential data such as personal or business record. Its pattern lock safe is the most cool and appropriate feature for iPhone.

I also use SplashData's SplashID Safe. This long-time security application developer already created specialized editions for different unique needs. I am impressed with the Business Edition as it facilitates multi-user password sharing and access permissions for group or company level work coordination.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I use LastPass after having tried 1Password for a number of years. I find the $12/yr fee is fine, as having access to the mobile app very useful indeed, plus availability via any web browser is great if you're not on your usual machine and don't have the browser plug-in installed.

I just think it's better value and more accessible. Free (or $12/yr for mobile app) is better value than having to pay for 3 different 'one shot' licences for 1Password ($49.99 for OS X, $49.99 for Windows, $17.99 for iOS = $117.97, $87.98 if you buy the Windows+Mac versions together). That's a LOT of money to pay for password access on all platforms, 10 years roughly of LastPass Premium. Don't forget to factor in upgrades over the years which you'll be charged for as well.

(you CAN access passwords offline with the mobile app - You have the choice to enable/disable offline access for security reasons)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.