Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbuc95

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Im in the same boat, I really want to take off my screen protector but I dont want to get any major scratches on the screen. I dont mind little scratches, just dont want to get a big one.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
And made my iphone naked after having a case and screen protector on it since day one. I have never felt better. Decided to make this big step for my iphone life and just going to take each day as it comes with it. Can't believe how nice the screen feels and the beauty of my iphone 5 is now showing with all is glory. Yeah sure I may get a scratch on it here and there but when that happens I wouldn't care how many scratches or dings go on it after that. I will be looking after the phone and avoiding keys and coins. Will have a dedicated phone pocket however other than that I am happy.

Kinda sad that you've never felt better than when you took the case off your phone. Congratulations on the biggest achievement of your life! :rolleyes:

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
I would love (for my phone) to go naked, but after accidentally dropping it a couple of times (with a case on thankfully), there is no way I'm taking the risk.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
I have never ever dropped any of my iPhones. So I haven't bothered with a case. I always put my phone in an empty pocket but the edges of the edges are very weathered. Lmao

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I had my 4S naked, until the X-Mini speaker I was using danced off the desk and took my phone with it and broke the back glass. Then I put it in a case, but when I got the iPhone 5, I figured the metal back wouldn't break - but the screen did when it fell out of my pocket onto concrete.

My work iPhone 4 is in an Otterbox Defender, which is big and ugly and very tough - I've dropped it from about 3 metres from ladders (my job details are on the phone, so it's always out) onto concrete more times than I can remember, and it just bounces. I need similar protection for my own iPhone 5, but I don't want it to be ugly, or chunky. What to do...

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 88

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Talk about accident waiting to happen with no case...

..was walking down the hall at work (tiled floor), went to pull my iPhone out of my pocket and it flipped right out of my grip and went tumbling, slow-motion-wise, to the hard floor where it hit and bounced several times.

I had a rubber bumper case and I'm damn glad I did. Picked up the phone and the only damage was a dent in the corner of the bumper case. From the location and angle of the case dent, it would have shattered the screen big time.

These phones are just too expensive to take a chance like that. I'm 100% sold on a rubber bumper case over a hard plastic case.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I had my 4S naked, until the X-Mini speaker I was using danced off the desk and took my phone with it and broke the back glass. Then I put it in a case, but when I got the iPhone 5, I figured the metal back wouldn't break - but the screen did when it fell out of my pocket onto concrete.

What a big surprise that a glass screen broke when you dropped it.........remarkable!

And this is why you need a case on your iPhone:rolleyes:

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Everyone is super cool with their naked iPhones until they drop them on the concrete and spend $150-200 at the Apple store for an OOW replacement.

Everyone is super cool without a screen protector until a key falls on the screen and leaves a huge scratch across it.

Everyone is super cool with their naked iPhones until they sell them to buy the next generation/tock and only get 75% of what it's worth in the resale market.

I'll be the mainstream bandwagoner and keep my stuff nice and clean underneath a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.