Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
Looks like I won't be leaving 6.1.2 for awhile.

I have said several times that I don't really need to jailbreak any longer, but now that I have, and now that I've paid for a few things, I'll probably do the same as you and stay on 6.1.2 as long as necessary.

It's working fine, and once you get used to Accelerate an iPhone seems slow.

:)

unigolyn

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2006
In this day and age, with all of the substantial improvements that Apple has made to iOS over the years, I don't really think that there are many excuses left for jailbreakers.

Still can't toggle WiFi/3G from notification center.
Still can't install Action Menu (copy/paste favorites list).

Both are significant enough quality of life issues for me that I refuse to buy another Apple phone unless there's an untethered jailbreak for it.

unigolyn

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2006
It will go like this:

- Apple releases 6.1.3 that kills the l337 h4x0r 3v4z10n jailbreak
- Jailbreakers whine briefly, then strenuously avoid the update
- Apple will cherry pick good jailbreak app concepts (if there are any left)
- Apple will release iOS 7.0 with those concepts
- People who JB-ed for those concepts won't need to jailbreak any more
- People who JB-ed to steal apps, videos, music, etc. will keep on doing it

You are so colossally full of shіt.

This isn't a dichotomy between ZOMGPIRACY and "Things Apple hasn't thought of yet".

Are you really saying Apple hasn't thought of putting WiFI/3G toggles in the notification center, or allowing apps to change copy-paste functionality?

I jailbreak not because I want things Apple hasn't included "yet", I jailbreak because I want things Apple categorically refuses to support them.

You know what? Screw you, and screw Apple. I've slowly come to realize the only thing I've ever liked about Apple was Jony Ive's hardware design. The Jobs/Forstall/Cue philosophy on forcing opaque, designed-for-dummies software down our throats has always been garbage of the highest order.

This is a company who refused to introduce right-clicking for decades, out of spite, and even when absolutely forced to by customer demand, they couldn't make a functional device, but instead made the most ridiculously over-engineered piece of crap ever, the Mighty Mouse, which require you to LIFT your index finger so the device wouldn't have two physical buttons.

The straw that's breaking this camel's back is the fact that this company attracts fanboys like yourself and iGrip, who are by Louis CK's terminology, truly fаggots of the highest order. Your willful myopia and cult-like defense of OBVIOUSLY bad moves by Apple makes me physically ill.

(yes, I'm fishing for a ban, thanks for asking!)

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009

This isn't a dichotomy between ZOMGPIRACY and "Things Apple hasn't thought of yet".

Are you really saying Apple hasn't thought of putting WiFI/3G toggles in the notification center, or allowing apps to change copy-paste functionality?

I jailbreak not because I want things Apple hasn't included "yet", I jailbreak because I want things Apple categorically refuses to support them.

You know what? Screw you, and screw Apple. I've slowly come to realize the only thing I've ever liked about Apple was Jony Ive's hardware design. The Jobs/Forstall/Cue philosophy on forcing opaque, designed-for-dummies software down our throats has always been garbage of the highest order.

This is a company who refused to introduce right-clicking for decades, out of spite, and even when absolutely forced to by customer demand, they couldn't make a functional device, but instead made the most ridiculously over-engineered piece of crap ever, the Mighty Mouse, which require you to LIFT your index finger so the device wouldn't have two physical buttons.

The straw that's breaking this camel's back is the fact that this company attracts fanboys like yourself and iGrip, who are by Louis CK's terminology, truly fаggots of the highest order. Your willful myopia and cult-like defense of OBVIOUSLY bad moves by Apple makes me physically ill.

(yes, I'm fishing for a ban, thanks for asking!)
Cry a little harder

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid

[blah blah blah]

You know what? Screw you, and screw Apple. I've slowly come to realize the only thing I've ever liked about Apple was Jony Ive's hardware design.

[blah blah blah]

Oh. Wait. My original post said this:

SockRolid said:
- Jailbreakers whine briefly, then strenuously avoid the update

Let me rephrase that:

- Jailbreakers whine ad nauseam while strenuously avoiding the update

There. I think the revised wording more accurately reflects reality, no?

If you're not jailbreaking to save money by stealing apps, music, video, etc.
then you're jailbreaking for some other (irrational, emotional) reason.
Hence the whining and lashing out. Pitiful, really.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Still can't toggle WiFi/3G from notification center.
Still can't install Action Menu (copy/paste favorites list).

Both are significant enough quality of life issues for me that I refuse to buy another Apple phone unless there's an untethered jailbreak for it.

But even if there were an untethered jailbreak available, wouldn't Apple just screw it up with their next iOS update?

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
What has Apple added recently that satisfied your needs? NC and perhaps twitter/FB integration is all I can think of.
In my case it was the DND mode that was a huge providing of a dis-incentive to jailbreak.

I ended up jailbreaking anyway, but I could do perfectly well without it.

WiFi doesn't work very well for me any more, there's really no longer any need for My3G, and if necessary the combination of DND and Youmail can eliminate the need for iBlacklist.

iBlacklist + Youmail is marginally better than doing without it, but not by much.

I've never been into Winterboard stuff, fancy themes and things. I can see how you'd still want to champion jailbreaking if you want to do that.

"Accelerate" is kind of neat if you don't push it too far. :)

Oneness

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2007
Cowtown
Oh. Wait. My original post said this:

Let me rephrase that:

- Jailbreakers whine ad nauseam while strenuously avoiding the update

There. I think the revised wording more accurately reflects reality, no?

If you're not jailbreaking to save money by stealing apps, music, video, etc.
then you're jailbreaking for some other (irrational, emotional) reason.
Hence the whining and lashing out. Pitiful, really.

Really can't speak for anyone else but I jailbreak because I am a font snob. If Apple gave me the ability to change fonts I wouldn't JB.
So, do you think that will be in IOS7? Me, neither. So i guess i'll continue to JB.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Really can't speak for anyone else but I jailbreak because I am a font snob. If Apple gave me the ability to change fonts I wouldn't JB.
So, do you think that will be in IOS7? Me, neither. So i guess i'll continue to JB.

Glad to hear that someone out there is JB-ing for the aesthetic value.
And yeah, I doubt Apple will let you mess with the system font. Ever.
I expect it to be Helvetica ad nauseam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.