Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animaeme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
In Garageband, I've tried to "tempo up- to 240" and "pitch up" a portion of a voice recording track by separating it out into a new project, but I can't hear a change. I've followed the recommended method of making the track purple, etc.

I visited Apple Genius Bar today and they claim it can't be done with a Voice Recording ..only with music, but I see in youtube tutorials that "speeding up a voice track" should work.

Any advise is appreciated!

tnx,
Ani

Last edited:

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
In Garageband, I've tried to "tempo up- to 240" and "pitch up" a portion of a voice recording track by separating it out into a new project, but I can't hear a change. I've followed the recommended method of making the track purple, etc.

I visited Apple Genius Bar today and they claim it can't be done with a Voice Recording ..only with music, but I see in youtube tutorials that "speeding up a voice track" should work.

Any advise is appreciated!

tnx,
Ani

Do you want to speed up but maintain pitch?

animaeme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Do you want to speed up but maintain pitch?

hiya bwhli, Tnx. I would like the pitch to go up with the speed.

This morning I saw in a workshop that you can manually speed up a voice recording in the Track Editor right on the sound wave by just clicking and dragging, but I can't figure out how to do this?

Would you know where i can get info on how to? The workshop made it look so easy.. I thought I would be able to do it when i got home.. but no.

tnx again. Ani

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
hiya bwhli, Tnx. I would like the pitch to go up with the speed.

This morning I saw in a workshop that you can manually speed up a voice recording in the Track Editor right on the sound wave by just clicking and dragging, but I can't figure out how to do this?

Would you know where i can get info on how to? The workshop made it look so easy.. I thought I would be able to do it when i got home.. but no.

tnx again. Ani

You can do it in Audacity. For free.

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
It's been a while since I've done that with garage band... When are you clicking on follow pitch and tempo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.