Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pantafanta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Hi to all,
I've an iphone 4 (model A1332) not italian (I live in Italy) and today I tried to update to latest IOS version (from itunes). After that my iphone doesn't turn on.
I suppose it's bricked. So, before put it in the trash, IS it possibile to restart?

I tried with UDF mode (hold power and home button procedure) but nothing appear...

Please help me if there are some possible solutions...

thanks in advance

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Are you saying nothing happens when you turn it on ? (Charge it on wall charger over night)

Or it won't boot ? (After charging it over night, plug it into iTunes and reboot it )

If nothing happens at all, likely hardware failure

pantafanta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
It was charge (about 10 hours to the wall power). Now not after turn it ON...it doesn't turn on. Only black screen...without apple logo...no answer from my iphone :(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Was it right after the update or was it working after the update and then did it die?

How did you update?
Did you use DFU-mode to restore?
Does itunes or TinyUmbrella recognize it?

pantafanta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
I try holding power and home buttons for 30 seconds but it doesn't power on.
I update with itunes, after update it told me that it needs one compatible SIM. <after that i turn off the iphone and then it never turn ON.

If i put it into wall power or connect it to my pc...nothing succed...

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
can you go to Apple store in Italy they can confirm if something happened hardware wise that would be the only way to truly brick it. Also even as a total non working phone it's worth something to somebody. take a look on ebay.

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
I update with itunes, after update it told me that it needs one compatible SIM. <after that i turn off the iphone and then it never turn ON.

Doesn't sound like you are actually putting it into DFU mode. To enter DFU mode hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds. Then while still holding the home button release the power button. After about 5 seconds iTunes should recognize it. It that doesn't work I'd take it to Apple.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012

Sounds like you had a Jailbroken iPhone with Ultrasn0w for your unlock. If so, yopu lost your unlock when you updated the iOS. It probably needs a SIM the carrier it is locked to to activate. Are you even getting the connect to iTunes message from the phone? Try connecting to iTunes and see if the phone responds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.