Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Like the title says, it looks like the newest update for iCleaner removes the ability to disable daemons and mobile substrate addons. Since springtomize removed the ability to disable specific mobile substrate addons, that didn't bother me too much because iCleaner had this feature. But based on the changelog in cydia that doesn't look like its the case any more, along with disabling daemons.

Just giving everyone the heads up in case you use those features.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I saw that. Avoided the update. Now I'm going to have a big 1 sitting on my Cydia icon for the foreseeable future. :)

csjo00

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Arkansas
I saw that. Avoided the update. Now I'm going to have a big 1 sitting on my Cydia icon for the foreseeable future. :)

Open Cydia.
Select iCleaner.
First little option should be "Change Package Settings".
Make sure the "Ignore Upgrades" is ON.

Ta-da! No little badge number, and it also doesn't update whenever you have multiple packages to update at one time. It does however have it at the top of the Changes list.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Open Cydia.
Select iCleaner.
First little option should be "Change Package Settings".
Make sure the "Ignore Upgrades" is ON.

Ta-da! No little badge number, and it also doesn't update whenever you have multiple packages to update at one time. It does however have it at the top of the Changes list.
LOL! Cool, thanks!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
icleaner 6.3.0 removes daemons and mobile substrates.
icleaner pro 6.3.0 has the daemons and mobile substrates

the repository for icleaner pro 6.3.0
http://exile90software.com/cydia

uninstall icleaner first, add in the repository. search for icleaner pro.

Wow that's so crazy. I JUST removed his personal repo on Friday! Haha thanks for this heads up! I would have never known that. Is the Pro version still free?

Thanks again for sharing!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Its $3.00! Jus kidding. Yep, still free.

Thanks. I don't know why I asked that. I immediately added the repo and saw that it wasn't going to cost money. Sorry for wasting your time. That was stupid of me lol

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I followed the above steps with just iCleaner, so shouldn't be necessary to delete and add iCleaner Pro, I hope.

Does iCleaner Pro have ads like the regular version?
If not, that alone would be worth making the changeover.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
When DEVELOPERS and EXPERTS on this stuff tell you to NOT disable a Daemon or Mobile Substrate addon, do you actually think the are just ******g with you or something?

iCleaner was at risk for being REMOVED by the BigBoss repo, as too many people that know this stuff felt it was too much of a danger, and knew it needed to be changed. Too many people were screwing up their device and had no clue how to get it working again.

There are manual ways of doing such things (disabling daemons, etc), if you must. Stuff like Springtomize and iCleaner are correct to remove the easy/pretty GUI from such things. It makes it too easy to the average user to mess with stuff they may not understand.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
It's not "developers and experts" (experts? bwhahaha) It's just BigBoss being retarded again, just like when he randomly forced Yllier to remove blocking of iAds a while ago.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Warning: iCleaner update removes Daemon and MS Addons feature

Whats wrong with icleaner 6.3.0 and what are daemons and other things do? I uninstalled it to be safe

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Whats wrong with icleaner 6.3.0 and what are daemons and other things do? I uninstalled it to be safe

http://tinyurl.com/b9ozgts

The theory is that by removing daemons your phone will be faster. Although the net gain is arguably negligible.

Disabling mobile substrate addons is great for troubleshooting a jailbroken device. Without this ability, your best course of action is to just uninstall suspect packages.

Hope this helps.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Warning: iCleaner update removes Daemon and MS Addons feature

http://tinyurl.com/b9ozgts

The theory is that by removing daemons your phone will be faster. Although the net gain is arguably negligible.

Disabling mobile substrate addons is great for troubleshooting a jailbroken device. Without this ability, your best course of action is to just uninstall suspect packages.

Hope this helps.

Im still a little confused. what would happen if i run the most recent version of icleaner besides the things it did in previous versions?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Im still a little confused. what would happen if i run the most recent version of icleaner besides the things it did in previous versions?

6.3.0 is fine. For all intents and purposes the update only removed the ability to disable daemons and mobile substrate addons. If you dont use those features then there's nothing to worry about. Hope that helps.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
6.3.0 is fine. For all intents and purposes the update only removed the ability to disable daemons and mobile substrate addons. If you dont use those features then there's nothing to worry about. Hope that helps.

Oh thank you thats what i was looking for.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
On the day of the update, v 6.3 worked perfectly fine

I just restore and rejailbroke my iPhone and upon installing iCleaner OR iCleaner pro from his personal repo results in consistent crashes. ICleaner from the big boss repo on the other hand is no crashing.

Going to the website and downloading the .deb file and installing via ifile is no problem

I compared the two files and the deb file from cydia is around 2X KB more than the download link from his website

I emailed him and I hope he can find out just what is wrong with this ghost update to his repo's packages

thedeadkid

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
Hi - icleaner pro crashes on me. ip5 ios6.1.2?

any suggestions

edit:
nevermind got it working now! thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.