Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PAPO

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Australia
Could those plastic things be spacers to allow you to stack other components on top of the Marantz but still have airflow for cooling?

Nah they wouldn't create anywhere near enough space for that

EDIT: lol there's a 2nd page now and apolkowski already answered that one :p

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I have no problem with feeding the wire in and screwing the terminal down, the problem was the terminals are too close to gather
That's why we're recommending banana plugs. They plug straight in. Doesn't matter how close the terminals are.

PAPO

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Australia
That's why we're recommending banana plugs. They plug straight in. Doesn't matter how close the terminals are.

I know, but they are in now, and at the speaker end I see no point, there's plenty of room 'cause it's only 2 (or in the case of Bi-Amp compatible speakers 4) binding posts so like I said before, next time I re-do the amp end of the speaker cable then I will look into it, but that's probably 3 years away

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
but then I have to pull off the screw bits... right?

You have to push the banana plugs through the plastic screws. They are "closed" by default, to prevent you from putting mains-connectors into it.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
Could those plastic things be spacers to allow you to stack other components on top of the Marantz but still have airflow for cooling?
I would never stack anything on top of my receiver. That's the one component where you should make certain that it has sufficient room for cooling. You can ruin your expensive receiver by letting it get too hot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.