Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

808princess

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
This is crazy. I've have had different versions of the iPhone since 2007. Just recently got the IPhone 5. Every time I use my iPhone 5 I get very dizzy, a bad headache and also nautious I told a few family members who laughed it off. I honestly can't even use it. I had to put it in my bedroom and use my wife's iPhone 4. Something is seriously the matter with my iPhone 5. I have never experienced anything like this before.

I've felt the same when I got my iPhone5. It's weird, I set it down I feel fine, but as soon as I start playing with it because I'm bored, these symptoms come back. I think it could be the brightness of my screen and I do wear perscription glasses but only because I can't see far

arc123

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2012
The symptoms people are discussing don't sound particularly implausible to me. Active Noise Canceling works by destructive interference, usually by sampling input from a microphone and using DSP, which might involve a filterbank or fourier analysis to construct the antiphase signal. These systems are crafted around experimentally-derived models of average human auditory systems. However, there may be some non-zero percentage of people for whom the model might not be a perfect fit, at which point I imagine the results could be unpredictable. If I were to guess, one possibility is something like a low-level intermodulation that may interfere with the normal operation of the vestibular system.

The problem with the display may be related to user reports of some displays having issues with scan lines or interlacing. The flickering may be just on the edge of conscious perception but still enough that problems ensue. That one poster achieved relief with a replacement may support this hypothesis, since not all iPhones have this problem.

ecj3d

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2013
Headache and numbness

Yeah, its getting so bad that I'm going back to my iPhone 4S for calls and just using the 5 for LTE data.

Even holding the phone causes pins and needles in whichever hand its in. I had the same experience with the iPad Mini. Not sure the new lighter casing insulates enough.

If I get a brain tumor, I'm going to be annoyed :apple:

sexygeek

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Headaches from iphone

is anyone else getting headaches and dizziness when using there iphone 5? It's not just when i talk, it can happen when i'm doing anything on it.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having a problem like this.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also get severe migraines if i use my iphone directly on my ear to take calls for longer than 10 minute. I think there are a lot more people out there who suffer from this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.