Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yolatechno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Hey there,

I am cutting a short film on FCP, but in a couple of places in the edit the picture stutters. My sequence settings are the same as my clip settings... not sure what the problem is!

Would be great if someone could help.

Nov 28, 2010
located
What version of FCP do you use on what specific Mac with what specific Mac OS X version with what specific clip/sequence settings?
Is the footage stored on an external HDD, if so via what interface (USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt, eSATA), or the internal HDD/SSD?
Does the playback stutter or does the image itself stutter?
Is there an effect applied to the places the stuttering occurs?

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
It's probably dropping frames during playback.

You will find that normally a window pops up but you might have clicked do not display this message again.

Set and in and out point and export the troubled area and see if it still stutters.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
If its intended for tv or other media. Try to play the clip back on a tv instead of on a monitor. Sometimes stuff thats intended to be viewed on a tv looks bad on a monitor

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Is it rendered?

Select the whole timeline and press Cmd+R.

If it still stutters, try what acearchie suggested.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
What is the point of giving him good information. We still dont know what version he is using???????:mad:

Nov 28, 2010
located
What is the point of giving him good information. We still dont know what version he is using???????:mad:

It is one of those threads that will probably never be found by the original poster, thus it feeds of that information in case the OP might return and hopefully see it, especially since the OP was back one day after posting this thread.

But then again, it might be a fluke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.