Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
I bought this bumper because I wanted a minimalist case after having the Otterbox Commuter. I really liked the look of this case, so I purchased it at one of the many times that Spigen has some online coupons come around.

The case was beautiful when I got it in my hands. When I took it out of the case I was disappointed to see that it was damaged. There was a chip on the inside of the polycarbonate that extended to the front. Even when I had the case on, I could see the damage. Ill talk about the customer service at the end. However, the case was pretty easy to put on, and it fit quite snug. After a few days, however, it did start lifting my ghost armor off of the back of the phone. The front was fine, no issues surprisingly.

The biggest problem I had with the case was the headphone jack. No earbuds I owned could fit in the jack. I read some reviews before buying the case and I didn't hear anything about the jack. This was a deal breaker for me. Please also note that most 30 pin adapters will not fit in the lightning connector space.

So I emailed Spigen about my concerns and I received a response from Diana. She was very helpful, explained that the damage was from the manufacturing process and if I was dissatisfied I could return the product. After complaining about the incurred shipping charges, Diana also said that she would credit me for the charges when they get the product back. I will be shipping my product back tomorrow. I'll keep you updated on whether I get my full refund or not.

SUMMARY:
PROS:
1. Beautiful Case.
2. Minimalist and Lightweight.
3. Pretty durable.

CONS:
1. Headphones don't fit.
2. Case came damaged.
3. Lightning 30 pin adapters won't work.
4. After two weeks of use the case started to feel a little looser.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 277

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I have a banana yellow one. It's great for when i'm looking after my 2 year old and he could potentially knock the phone off the sofa arm and such.

I use an Elago Outfit case for when I go out. lol

jammerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Do you guys have the same issues I discussed with the chip and the headphone jack?

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Just finished up a review of this case and I personally loved it! I think it is one of the best bumpers on the market. SGP Continues to make fantastic cases!

DSC00921.JPG DSC00924.JPG

DSC00923.JPG DSC00920.JPG

If you have any questions about this case, PM me, I would love to help!

jammerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Just a follow up guys, I just got a response from Spigen that my refund was processed for the full order cost PLUS $6.00 for shipping.

Great customer service!

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
After a month, you'll change your mind. Mine is yellowed, stretched, and often comes off taking it out of my pocket

Yep. Has happened the same way with every single Neo EX case (had several) going back my iPhone 4 days.

PENSHURST

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2013
Recently bought the yellow one. Anyone facing a problem such that the volume and sleep button requires much force to press?

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Recently bought the yellow one. Anyone facing a problem such that the volume and sleep button requires much force to press?

I have not had any problems like that. I do not use the case everyday but everything has been good for me (also no yellowing of the bumper either).

Still a great case!

Mellisaray

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
the cases look quite good, but i do not like this kind of case, it will be easily damaged by scratch or crash, i prefer my leather case.:D

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
the cases look quite good, but i do not like this kind of case, it will be easily damaged by scratch or crash, i prefer my leather case.:D

I have used bumper cases like this for quite awhile. They can provide quite a bit of protection from reasonable drops. In terms of scratches, most of the manufacturers provide both front and rear protectors which solve that problem. Bumpers along with the slim snap on cases are meant for minimal protection keeping the form factor as close to "caseless" as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.