Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigres

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
Hey folks need some help on this.

I have/use iCloud and have multiple calendars set up- (2) of which are shared calendars with my family.

On iPhone, the events are set to auto select my Personal calendar when adding an event.

But, on my Mac I have a problem.

When I get invites for corp. meetings; they sent over in an .ics event invite. When I open the invite- it adds to my cal as a travel (shared calendar), and my family gets notified for the event. I of course change it to a personal event on my cal; but cannot avoid iCal adding it to the wrong calendar in the first place.

How do i fix this?
Our company uses Exchange if it makes any difference

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Try going to this screen in Calendar prefs and change the default calendar to the iCloud calendar you want to use for this.

generalwk.png

tigres

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
Try going to this screen in Calendar prefs and change the default calendar to the iCloud calendar you want to use for this.

generalwk.png

thanks Weaselboy, but forgot to mention that is also set to the correct cal I want appointments to default to.

it simply does not work, every damn ics. invite appointment goes to my travel cal, which is like 5th on my list.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
thanks Weaselboy, but forgot to mention that is also set to the correct cal I want appointments to default to.

it simply does not work, every damn ics. invite appointment goes to my travel cal, which is like 5th on my list.

Yep still fails exactly as you describe. I sent feedback/bug report to Apple but nothing yet. Maybe 10.9 will fix this...... its so annoying.

WolfMac

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2017
In the list of you calendars,
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 08.57.48.png

put the calendar you want to add the .ics at the first place.
In this list, the .ics goes to "Arbeit"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.