Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Despite what television would have you believe, no doctor or scientist is knowledgeable in all fields of their craft. That's why they call in experts when a more detailed analysis is needed.

I understand that perfectly, however, you ever hear the old saying "don't believe everything you read on the enternet". Absolutely any anonymous Joe Shmoe poster nobody knows can make any claim they can dream up, post it in the most convincing manner they wish. Its all rubbish without any references, or links to a reputable source. Without that its just white noise on the enternet. I thought we all knew this..... :confused:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
If telepathy is possible, it can be proven by letting one person memorize a list of numbers, then have another person read the very same numbers from the mind of the first one.

I'm inclined to believe that telepathy is possible, although the scientist in me doesn't want me to.

Listen to the scientist, Mate!! :D

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
That's what I do, "pics or it didn't happen". Sometimes it's straightforward to guess what someone close to you is thinking of, but that has probably nothing to do with the transferring of thought signals from one brain to the other.

Agree...much more likely that your knowlrdge of the individual, body signals and, perhaps, even pheromones (I need more science on this to feel more confident it is a source of information) that provides the information. A much more parsimonious explanation than "telepathy". :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
telepathy is highly overrated, now a wireless connection too my head would be super awesome!

In the future people will have communication devices inserted into their brain, possibly even biological based devices. No need to carry around that phone.

Now could it be naturally possible? I see no reason why not. It's impossible until you find an example of it. :D

Weerez935

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Okay...

So my doctor and my psych teacher (who has a PhD) are lying?

The idea that we use 6-7% of our brain comes from Freud. A psychologist that proposed that 90% of the brain was unconscious and driven by sexual / insest desires.

Another example would be to look at a graph of brain function. For example what if you were talking to someone on the phone, while doing an art project and cooking. The art project is using the higher thinking, fine motor skills, creative parts of the brain while talking on the phone requires the language section and being constantly aware requires a different section.

It's all relative though as each brain is different and 100% usage is impossible to
Measure. However studies would lead you to believe it is more than 6-7% by quite a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.