Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
The band, not the man...had some of ya fooled I bet...:D

Awesome band, getting back into them after a hiatus of not listening to them for over a decade...

Lets post our favorite Rush videos...here are some of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
May I suggest you rent or buy: Rush, Beyond the Lighted Stage on iTunes. It will make you love the band even more.

If you liked Beyond the Lighted Stage and are a fan of Iron Maiden, rent Flight 666 as well. The same guys that made the Rush documentary made the Iron Maiden one.

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Knew right away who you were talking about. Rush, one the best Canadian bands ever, if not the best. They are icons here. Started in 68. Geddy Lee actually lived around the corner from me in Toronto. Was not for long though as Rush became very famous in short order here in Canada. Have seen them 5 times in concert and never left disappointed. My understanding is that they are quite the phenomenon in the US now. Thanks for video clips. Enjoyed!

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Knew right away who you were talking about. Rush, one the best Canadian bands ever, if not the best. They are icons here. Started in 68. Geddy Lee actually lived around the corner from me in Toronto. Was not for long though as Rush became very famous in short order here in Canada. Have seen them 5 times in concert and never left disappointed. My understanding is that they are quite the phenomenon in the US now. Thanks for video clips. Enjoyed!

*ahem* Anvil *ahem* :D

Seriously, I never did get Rush, and what made them what they are, but after seeing that through 70s arena rock, Metal, Grunge, Shock rock, and metalcore, the very fact that these guys are still around and have a huge cult-like following made me want to listen to them. I'm not as big into them as a lot of other people, but those guys are good

About damn time they get into the RRHoF.

BL.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
fav band and they are still going strong. wife loves them too. Intellectual rock at it's best.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
*ahem* Anvil *ahem* :D

Seriously, I never did get Rush, and what made them what they are, but after seeing that through 70s arena rock, Metal, Grunge, Shock rock, and metalcore, the very fact that these guys are still around and have a huge cult-like following made me want to listen to them. I'm not as big into them as a lot of other people, but those guys are good

About damn time they get into the RRHoF.

BL.

You know, I was like that for the longest time...In high school (30 years ago), I ran with a crowd who were Rush FANATICS, I was into other music. Some songs I liked, some I didn't, and I eventually got sick of Rush and almost hated them due to how fanatical my peers were. They were always talking about them, listening to them, and our after school hangouts usually revolved around getting high and listening to the drummers in that group trying to play along to Rush albums...

It was only after I had been away from that group of people for a year or so that I eventually discovered how good they are...

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Count me in as a long-time fan. First concert I saw was during their "Signals" tour when they stopped in Vancouver. Had the t-shirt for the longest time though it would not fit now. :rolleyes:

Got back into them again with the release of their latest album "Clockwork Angels" which is their best of recent years IMHO.

ucantgetridofme

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Most overrated band ever. Geddy Lee can't sing, Lifeson is a hack who sounds like crap live, Pert is a douchebag and the band hasn't made a decent song in over 25 years.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
i'm in. got the first 17 studio albums, missing the last 3, guess that puts me on the 'fan' list. :D

one of the only bands (i like/follow) i've not seen live. just never had the dates/locations match up. shame really.

if i was on a desert island and could take only 1, i'd still pick 'Moving Pictures'. never gets old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.