Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I posted this in the Apple Collectors forum, only to look in other forums and see the older posts are not showing up....wtf?
Why only 5 pages of posts here? So many of the older threads are gone??? what happened.[/QUOTE]"]
Why only 5 pages of posts here? So many of the older threads are gone??? what happened.

attachment.php

Last edited:

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Down at the bottom is an option to show post from the past ... choose a longer time. I think 30 days is default.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Look at the bottom:

MR2ss_2013_03_14_pA1_OldThreads.png

Ah, nice, seems the forum software automatically resizes the image to 800 pixel in width, though it should be clickable to get the full resolution like with the TIMG tag.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Down at the bottom is an option to show post from the past ... choose a longer time. I think 30 days is default.

Ding - thx, it had re-set to one year, prior was forever....must be my upgrade to 10.8.2 that cause that, seriously I never changed it....
peace and thx for quick response, I now "see" all the old posts again.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I was then, as I had no book to accompany me during the rendering of some class B stars and their bluescreen hi-jinxes. And the computer had Photoshop on it, albeit a rather old version.

Why not use the developer menu in your browser?
I see you have changed your location.

Nov 28, 2010
located
You can easily edit what you want just by searching for the phrase you want to change, typing in what you want it to be. No meddling around in Photoshop.

That probably takes longer than PS, at least for me. But thanks for the hint.

Tomorrow I at least work far away from a standard computer and have to set light into a cupboard, or something to that effect.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
That probably takes longer than PS, at least for me. But thanks for the hint.

Tomorrow I at least work far away from a standard computer and have to set light into a cupboard, or something to that effect.

I doubt it. All you have to do is hit Option-Command-I and type in the old phrase into the search bar, and enter the new one in.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I used the search and used your user name, see screenshot:
But then I do not know what else to do.

See, I am faster in PS than this.

It depends on what you want to do. If you wanted "Send a private message to MisterKeeks" to become "Send a private message to your favorite MacRumors Member", you can double click on the text you have highlighted in yellow there and edit it, and it should update on the page.

Nov 28, 2010
located
It depends on what you want to do. If you wanted "Send a private message to MisterKeeks" to become "Send a private message to your favorite MacRumors Member", you can double click on the text you have highlighted in yellow there and edit it, and it should update on the page.

It may work with some text, but not at that position*, and I still have not figured out, how to jump to the next search result (it finds two entries of my name on the page, but it only jumps to the first one, which I cannot edit, since it is being pulled from a database as it seems).

* probably due to being pulled from a database:

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
It may work with some text, but not at that position*, and I still have not figured out, how to jump to the next search result (it finds two entries of my name on the page, but it only jumps to the first one, which I cannot edit, since it is being pulled from a database as it seems).

* probably due to being pulled from a database:
[URL="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/121037424/MR2/MR2_2013_01-05_screenshots/MR2ss_2013_03_14_pA4_DevelopMenuSearch.png"][url=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/121037424/MR2/MR2_2013_01-05_screenshots/MR2ss_2013_03_14_pA4_DevelopMenuSearch.png]Image[/url][/URL][/INDENT]​

I just changed several things, all pulled from a database. It should be clickable. But on ML, my inspect element is different from yours, which may be a reason for it. For example:
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-14%20at%204.15.36%20PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.