Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

snowleopard.jpg
Apple today released Security Update 2013-001 for Snow Leopard, Snow Leopard Server, Lion and Lion Server users, on the heels of the release of OS X 10.8.3.

The company didn't specify what changes were made, other than saying it was recommended for all users and it improves the security of Mac OS X.

Apple's website that details the contents of security updates has yet to be updated with the fixes that are contained in Security Update 2013-001.

The updates for Snow Leopard, Snow Leopard Server, Lion and Lion Server are available from Apple's Software Update website, or select Software Update in the Apple Menu.

Article Link: Apple Releases Security Update 2013-001 for Snow Leopard and Lion

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Long may the Snow Leopard updates continue…

My main machine is Mountian Lion most of the time now, but I still have an older machine on SL (and will not be going back to Lion on that one unless I really have to).

And as the order of the day in this thread appears to be mentioning something completely irrelevant… um…. Irrational giraffes wearing shorts, they'd be a strange thing for Apple to sell, wouldn't they?

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Shame they never released an "iCloud" update for 10.6. Gotta keep those new OS X sales numbers up with iCloud only features ;)

fredoviola

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
Logic Pro lag still in evidence...

misread this thread. I thought it was about the ML update. Sorry.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
You're absolutely right. While we're at it, I can't believe that Nintendo keeps making video games when Ford makes whole cars. Get with it, Nintendo!

I am so sick of hearing this! All you guys do is hate on nintendo for no valid reason. FYI! Nintendo also make consoles and stickers. Ford could probably never make a game in their life because their logo is not as good looking and I am so sick of everything.

edit: You know what.. I am just going to update my nintendo with the newest software instead of buying a Galaxy S4 just to rub it in your face.

RSL

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
This must be a mistake. We all know that Snow Leopard doesn't get updates anymore and that the Macs running it are just zombie malware-spreading machines.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Shame they never released an "iCloud" update for 10.6. Gotta keep those new OS X sales numbers up with iCloud only features ;)

No sense. 10.7 ad 10.8 have much more things especially under the skin. Just think about 3D drivers (10.6.8 is much more slower on OpenGL), think about dictation, multitouch, faster cpu usage, faster OpenGL. 10.6 was great but 10.7 and on have so many features you can't ignore. Some users maybe didn't notice that or are noob user who just browse internet.

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
Still in love with 10.6.8 here. Favourite OS of all time by a distance.
Logged in to like this.
Some people will think, I'm still in the past, but I really miss 10.6.8. If some apps would support SL, I would downgrade to the most robust OS of all time. :(

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
How do I know what I have thought before I see what I have written? :D

OK...OK...so I write like a clod!!:p

On the other hand, it is possible to think of what you are going to write before you write it...as well as reading what one has written before clicking the "Submit Reply" button.:D

jr1089

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2013
Still no update for the dual monitor user. Therefore still no ability to run full screen for viewing pictures with one monitor while doing the editing and controls with the other monitor.

I suppose dual monitor usage is a thing of the past and I should get used to looking at grey wallpaper on one monitor while working full screen on the other, so well done Apple, every other OS can run dual monitor with apps running full screen on one or more monitors and yet not Apple - very modern.

Last edited by a moderator:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Anybody done the SL update yet? always cautious of these things incase the update messes things up.

It ran fine on a mini, but after updating on MBP, Safari crashes every time. I haven't yet determined if it's related. Be sure to backup before installing any updates, as always.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Anybody done the SL update yet? always cautious of these things incase the update messes things up.

Been using my iMac all day with absolutely no problems. Just tried Safari(usually use Firefox) and it played smoothly too

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
No point.....

in downloading and upgrading without real world experiences. And Apple telling what was fixed or improved. Do not matter to me that info comes in a form of KB article.

:):apple:

astrobill

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2011
DOES ANYONE CARE TO ACTUALLY COMMENT ON THE CONTENTS OF THE SECURITY UPDATE THAT IS THE TOPIC OF THE @*#&%%@ ARTICLE?

I, for one, wanted to know what the details were. For anyone interested in the actual topic of the original post, here's the contents for SL users:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5672

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.